6 days ago
Found on:Stack Overflow
Why work as Head of Content and Licensing at Corsearch?
We are currently seeking a Head of Content and Licensing to lead the Intellectual Property acquisition, data management and content function. This individual will be tasked to lead the integration of complex intellectual property data and licensing data into the company’s Intellectual Property system.
What will you do?
- Working with Technology, the Business Units, Legal and key stakeholders to analyze, cleanse and covert intellectual property rights and attribute data into the company system, including comparative analysis of data across source systems to facilitate conversion and resolve issues.
- Managing the conversion of integrations and acquisitions into intellectual property data, which includes assigning and documenting workflow and analyzing acquisition agreements documentation.
- Developing a high performing, empowered team by creating mission-driven OKRs, collaborating cross-functionally, and providing continual process improvement and coaching tailored to personal skill levels and work styles.
- Analyzing and approving requests for the acquisition, creation and maintenance of intellectual property data, ensuring conformance to legal and financial policy.
- Analyzing and discerning intellectual property rights and ownership through review of production, distribution, and other contracts and agreements.
- Conducting research for client departments to identity end-user data management needs.
- Researching and maintaining data source related attributes in intellectual property data and validating interfaces where applicable.
- Interfacing regularly with in-house Business/Legal Affairs, Corporate Legal, Technical Operations, Sales and Participations to investigate and clarify data.
- Participating in special projects such as intellectual property data enhancement testing, data conversion, and design and analysis of data extracts to support reporting and data quality standards.
- Training users in intellectual property data, reporting, and related processes, which includes design of training materials and system demos, and leveraging reporting tools to help users extract data.
- Assisting with design and drafts of department policy around all the above, and improves / streamlines workflow, making recommendations on system, policy and business process improvements on a continual basis.
- Designing key performance indicators to facilitate efficient workflow and quality work-product; working closely with management to implement efficiency measures.
What do we ask of you?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related work experience, advanced degree preferred.
- At least 8 years of prior entertainment industry work experience, including specialized knowledge relating to intellectual property distribution agreements and contractual analysis.
- Prior experience summarizing legal agreements in a clear and concise manner preferred.
- Contract administration experience a plus.
- Experience with intellectual property management systems is key.
- Strong MS Excel knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret legal agreements and comprehend legal terminology.
- Experience with intellectual property rights in the entertainment industry.
- Excellent written, verbal and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with employees at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Customer service oriented.