What you'll do:
- Help us on designing and building new features and improving current ones;
- Lead Code Reviews and mentor colleagues;
- Create a positive environment for the people around you;
- Share knowledge with everyone and help your team to grow;
- Have product ownership by working closely with Product, mobile and data teams. It's not just about writing code.
Bologna and Milan, Italy or remote.
Our offices are incredibly nice places to work from, both located in the center of their respective cities.
- LEARNING BUDGET - We’ll sponsor your professional growth by providing a budget that can be used for courses, events, workshops and books.
- REMOTE WORK - You can work from one of our offices in Italy or remotely. We are used and fully structured to onboard people who rather work full-time remotely.
- WORKPLACE FLEXIBILITY - Aside from having two offices in Italy, in Bologna and Milan and both being incredibly well located nice places to work from, we have a remote work policy for those not under a remote contract (52 days per year).
- COMPANY RETREATS - Twice a year (summer and winter) we get together in amazing destinations to work, bond and enjoy team building activities. We offer a fully paid week-long retreats to places like Val D'Orcia, Capri, the Dolomites or the Tonnara di Scopello.
- WORK EQUIPMENT - We’ll provide an equipment allowance so that you can perform at your best.
- GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT - Work in a casual (no dress code!) but continuously growing environment. Besides, you will be part of a multicultural team full of talented and expert people and you will find a team spirit, which you would rarely find elsewhere.
- ENGLISH CLASSES - We offer English classes in a weekly basis at our Bologna office, in 3 different levels, within working hours.
- COMPETITIVE SALARY - We offer a highly competitive salary when compared with other Italian startups since we have high standards on finding the best people to join our team. Besides, we offer a generous paid time-off (+25 weekdays/year).
Skills & requirements
- Proficiency with the Ruby language;
- 5+ years of web application development experience using Ruby on Rails;
- A solid understanding of relational (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis);
- Experience in Unit, Integration and Acceptance testing using Rspec and Capybara;
- You can reason about software, algorithms, and performance from a high level;
- Experience with GitHub and a solid understanding of Git core concepts;
- Continuous integration and deployment skills;
- Experience with SaaS development and RESTful API development;
- Experience with ES6 and Vue.js;
- Experience with Jasmine and Karma;
- Experience with CDNs and with Akamai in particular;
- System administration skills on Linux platforms (Debian/Ubuntu);
- Side projects or open source projects contributions (you might want to share via GitHub link);
- Server stack configuration and optimization skills (Apache/Nginx);
- Experience With Kubernetes;
- Proficiency in English.