In our Recordings team at BMAT, we are responsible for recording more than 7000 channels worldwide in order to feed our real time music monitoring platform (Vericast). To do so, we have deployed more than 250 recording servers all over the world to get even the most remote regional channel. As the platform keeps growing we need to tackle new challenges and evolve the systems to ensure top-notch performance and quality.
Your responsibilities will be to help us design, develop and maintain the evolution of the current system that will push the recording team to the next level..
It is a challenging and ambitious project surrounded by a young and enthusiastic team.
What You Will Be Doing
We are looking for a problem-solving team player who is capable of learning about new technologies and share the passion the same way as we do.
You will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining a brand new platform to deal with all the recording process -catching multiple TV and Radio signals, process and upload them to our centralized platform, process all the data (task queue involved) and distribute the results-.
If you are an open-minded person who thinks ahead and considers the bigger picture don’t hesitate to apply!
All About You Solid Python knowledge with experience in subprocess management
- Strong experience with SQL
- Linux and GIT experience
- Experience with IAAS providers, preferably with AWS
- Experience with software design life cycle and best practices (code reviews, testing, documenting and maintaining)
- Clear communications, resolutive, creative and learn independently
- Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Experience with open source web application frameworks (Flask, Django)
- Experiences with Celery or Redis
- Experience with Docker or equivalent technology
- Knowledge of UNIX networking and distributed systems
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet)
- Fluent English
- Spanish is a plus
You Can Enjoy
- Full-time job.
- Flexibility on working location and working hours.
- Free coffee, tea and fresh fruits.
- Free Spanish and English classes.
- Flat hierarchy.
- Full autonomy of your duties.
- Becoming part of a diverse and multicultural team based in Barcelona obsessed with bettering the music industry.
Diverse perspectives drive innovation, and innovation is kind of our thing. Our open-minded and flexible culture organically fosters this diversity. We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just welcome but actively hire a range of open-minded people from all walks of life. Our team is made up of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, orientations, abilities, musical tastes, dress sense and time-zones - but we all have one common goal: Making the music world a better place. With equal opportunities for everyone, BMAT is a pretty nice place to work.