We provide Messaging Campaign System and Message Delivery System to entire Rakuten services as an internal platform. Over 50 Rakuten businesses/services use our platform to send any type of messages (Transactional/Promotional messages and Notifications) by Email, Push Notification and other push/pull channels.
In this position, you will be involved designing, developing and operating our system that has cross-channel campaign management, contents management, segmentation, personalization, marketing automation, message delivery and measurement/analysis features.
Our Platform makes use of advanced distributed computing, data analytics, and visualization techniques to empower Rakuten's marketing platforms. We are looking for a candidate with experience in distributed systems, and practical applications in Platform services and Digital Marketing Tech.
- Design, develop, test and operate the Messaging Campaign System and Message Delivery System.
- Implement innovative features to improve our current systems.
- Create elegant architectures for performance, scalability and high availability.
- Troubleshoot production issues and use automation for resolution.
- Bachelor Degree (BS) in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical discipline.
- 3+ years of Software Development and Operations experience.
- Strong understanding of Linux, Shell Script and TCP/IP networking.
- Strong communication skills in multiple contexts, in order to build good relationships with team members and stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience of Cross-Channel Marketing, Email Marketing or Marketing Automation.
- Knowledge and experience of middlewares/frameworks such as Docker, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Spring Framework, React and Angular.
- Experience in distributed systems or microservices architecture.