Ennead is an international architectural firm specializing in cultural and institutional projects. We are seeking an experienced Architectural Designer or Registered Architect to join our firm.
The successful candidate will work directly with the firm’s Partners and Senior Staff on projects of all scales. Primary responsibilities will include supporting the design and planning process for multiple building types and the production and coordination of architectural construction documents under the direction of the project’s technical leadership.
Ennead seeks a person with a strong architectural background and 1-10 years of architectural work experience. Fluency in English is required.
Five or more years of experience, licensed architect who exercises independent judgement in evaluation, selection, and use of standard techniques, solves problems when encountered, and receives guidance on complex projects.
• Licensed architect who is competent in all conventional aspects of architecture.
• Performs work requiring independent judgement in evaluation, selection, and adaptation/modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
• Independently solves problems encountered.
• Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex issues and supervisory approval on proposed project plans.
Eight or more years of experience, licensed architect with diverse knowledge of architecture principles and practices, uses advanced techniques, and has responsibility for finished plans, specifications and material approval. May supervise a small staff of architects and technicians.
• Licensed architect responsible for finished plans, specifications, or approval of materials and construction
• May supervise a small staff of architects and technicians
• Applies sound and diverse knowledge of architecture principles and practices in broad array of assignments and related fields
• Acts independently regarding architectural methods and complexities
• Requires use of advanced techniques and modification/extension of theories, precepts, and practices of individual’s filed
• Supervision and guidance mainly concern overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts and policy matters.
Ten or more years of experience, licensed architect who plans and develops medium-to-large-scope projects with many complexities, executes and coordinates projects, and may oversee large staff or architects and technicians.
• Licensed architect with major project responsibility
• Plans and develops projects of medium-to-large-scope
• Works under minimal supervision
• May oversee a large staff or architects and technicians
• Responsible for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments
• Plans and develops architectural projects concerning unique and/or controversial complexities that significantly impact major company programs
• Involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope, selection of items for investigation and development of novel concepts and methods
Additional qualifications include: Bachelor of Architecture, proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino and other 3D software.
• Provide architectural design assistance for varied projects and client base. Implement the development of preliminary presentations, construction documentation and assisting in construction administration phase work
• Coordinate design issues with the in-house team and outside specialty consultants.
• Participate in company initiatives for quality control.
• Work with clients, contractors and local officials under the direction of the project architect to coordinate construction issues.
• Assist in the process of logging and reviewing shop drawings along with miscellaneous support.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor of Architecture degree with 1-10 years of architectural experience required.
• On-track for, or has current Architectural registration.
• Must have strong knowledge and experience with Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, and other 3-D software experience is a plus.
• Good report and technical writing skills desired with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Must be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills, in addition to being attentive and approachable.
• Must be able to maintain a professional and productive relationship with clients and co-workers.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter with the title in the header, resume and portfolio along with salary requirements to [email protected]
or through regular mail to Ennead Architects LLP, 1 World Trade Center 40th Floor, New York, New York 10007.
Please attach the completed Applicant ID, Veteran Self-ID, and Disability Self-ID Forms which can be found under “downloads” on the http://www.ennead.com/employment page along with your materials.
In addition, please indicate in your cover letter whether or not you are legally authorized to work in the US, or if you will now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status).
The firm is an equal opportunity employer and complies with applicable local, state and federal fair employment practices laws. The firm gives equal opportunity and consideration to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, creed, age, disability which is unrelated to the individual’s ability to perform the duties of a particular job or position, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws.