The UX Designer will lead the design of web and mobile experiences for the Boy Scouts of America (the BSA) that our customers find useful, simple, consistent and user-centric. This role will amplify the organization’s ability to win, serve and retain members through digital touchpoints.
- Drives the designs of digital experiences that the BSA offers. Responsible for interaction design, discerning complex data and building unique user experiences from inception to launch.
- Researches, defines, and designs prototypes, validates and documents end-to-end user interface architecture for customer-facing web sites, in collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall interactive and interface design leadership to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Assists in the development and evaluation of personas, user stories, and usability studies. Responsible for fine-tuning designs, considering live customer data, and market research.
- Continually strives to simplify digital experiences.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of three years experience as an interaction designer, user experience designer, UI designer, or similar UX-related role with demonstrated experience creating prototypes or highly fidelity mockups for the web and mobile applications.
- Proficient in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
- Must possess good design sense and have a knowledge of current best practices for web creation and digital design for web and mobile.
- Experience with Sketch and Zeplin a plus.
- While the role can be either remote or based in our Irving, Tex. offices, candidates must be resident in the U.S.
Qualified candidates, please email a resume with portfolio link to: [email protected] The subject line of the email should include the words UX Designer.