It's pronounced BAN-DOO-HO. Now that’s out of the way, here’s a little bit about us. Officially, we’re a full-service advertising and digital agency in NYC. Unofficially, we’re a collection of passionate creators and thinkers who love to geek out over business-smart strategies and creative ideas. Every morning we check our egos at the door and work together to deliver solutions that get us—and most importantly our clients—excited. We work smart. We hustle hard. We never settle. All while keeping a work-life balance that most agencies envy.
Here’s where you come in. We’re looking for a unicorn. Or, as some may call it, an experienced advertising copywriter with design and art direction chops. That means a great marketing thinker with strategic messaging skills that you can combine with a sophisticated, yet bold visual style that wows our clients. The work ranges across all media and formats, from emails to videos to social ads and landing pages to traditional television, outdoor and even direct mail. Most importantly, you're not stuck on one account day in and day out. If that kind of variety excites you, we’re the place for you.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
• A portfolio that’s more than flashy. Sure, clever headlines and visuals are cute. But is your work smart? Does it have the power to change a target’s mind about a product or service? Does it inspire action? Because those are our standards, and we’re not lowering them any time soon. So, share the best examples of your thinking and impress us!
• A respect for strategy. Ideas can’t just sound good on paper—they have to work. If you can explain the reasoning or research behind the concepts you present, you’ll do well here.
• A designer’s eye. You’re as familiar with a blank artboard as you are with a word doc. We're looking for a true multi-disciplinary creative who can step in at any point of the creative process.
• An ability to adapt. Briefs change. Goalposts move. Gears shift. It’s the nature of the business, so you should be able to keep up with our fast-paced, iterative process.
• An editor’s touch. While everyone at Bandujo loves to brainstorm, we need someone who can fine-tune good ideas until they’re solid, creative executions.
• An ability to lead, mentor and guide. Young creatives need someone they can look up to, learn from and guide them towards the next step in their career.
Interested? Dope. But a word of advice: Don’t just forward us your resume. Get our attention and show us what you’re made of with your cover letter and sample work. Take the time to include something that shows us, yes, you’re the right person for the job. Don’t limit yourself if you’re feeling extra creative—and brave.