Garmin’s Consumer Industrial Design team continues to grow in Kansas City. We are looking for talented Senior Industrial Designers to create amazing designs for cycling computers, outdoor handhelds, dash cams, marine radars, and much more. As well as a growing range of wearables for wellness, running, outdoor, golf, kids, and scuba diving.
Join a talented and passionate team of over 30 industrial designers who work directly with engineering and leadership to create compelling products for the Automotive, Outdoor, Fitness, and Marine markets. Collaborate with a dedicated team of prototype developers in a fully equipped shop that includes multiple 3D printers and CNC machines. Experience the variety and diversity of projects that would normally be reserved for a design consultancy with the stability and benefits of a corporate environment. Garmin’s process also provides designers the ability to work on a design from initial sketch through refinement, prototyping and into mass-production.
See work examples and follow us on Instagram:
Learn more about Kansas City:
• Explore a wide variety of compelling design options through sketching and rendering for Garmin’s consumer product markets
• Understand and apply future trends in design, technology, and materials
• Create 3D models using Solidworks for product development and prototyping
• Communicate concepts and ideas through verbal, visual, and written means
• Understand the needs and desires of our customers
• Collaborate with Design, Engineering, Marketing, and Management teams to translate project goals into relevant design solutions
• Work with a team of prototype specialists to create in-house appearance models
• 6+ years experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, related field, or a minimum of 7 years experience performing a role substantially similar to the essential functions of this job description
• Digital proficiency in the use of tools such as SolidWorks, Keyshot, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and Sketchbook Pro
• Excellent hand sketching skills (Wacom Tablet experience preferred)
• Ability to rapidly explore a wide variety of styling options (forms, colors, finishes, materials, etc.)
• A passion for design, technology, and an active lifestyle
• Courage to explore new ideas
• Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude, and work respectfully with others
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation, we are committed to making superior products for automotive, aviation, marine, outdoor and fitness markets that are an essential part of our customers’ lives. Our vertical integration business model keeps all design, manufacturing, marketing and warehouse processes in-house, giving us more control over timelines, quality and service. Our user-friendly products are not only sought after for their compelling design, superior quality and best value, but they also have innovative features that enhance the lives of our customers. We are focused on recruiting top performers in all areas of the company to drive innovation and success.
As part of our ongoing commitment to helping associates maintain a healthy balance between work and life, we sponsor company-wide and individual wellness initiatives, as well as world-class sporting events—and even some of the participating athletes. In each of the communities in which we do business, Garmin has a strong philanthropic and civic presence. Our associates benefit from these connections in many ways, including through discounts on products and services, opportunities to attend sponsored events, and even help with work-life initiatives, such as pilot certification and adoption assistance.
Please submit portfolio and resume to: [email protected]
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.