Farm, a Flex company, has over 45 years of experience providing award-winning development services for medical, life sciences, and consumer healthcare companies. As a Senior Product Designer at Farm, you will develop meaningful user experiences for a wide array of products and systems through aspects of discovery, analysis, and envisioning. You’ll work in the field to better understand users, collaborate as team to frame the problem, and develop solutions that shape the future of healthcare.
People at Farm are strategic thinkers, makers, and effective collaborators. As a senior level designer, you will join a talented, multi-disciplinary team of industrial designers, user experience designers, human factors engineers, mechanical, and electrical engineers. Together you will develop solutions that consider the physical, digital, and emotional aspects of the user experience, incorporate leading edge technology, and address marketing needs and business goals.
Day to Day
The role includes collaboration on product strategy, creating user workflows, synthesizing data, problem framing, brainstorming, designing, creating mock-ups, sketching and rendering, developing solutions of form, function, usability, ergonomics and branding. You could also exercise or expand your skill set in digital interface development. You will build convincing presentations that sell ideas through story. You’ll have the chance to be the design lead on a primary program while having a secondary support role on others.
We’ll give you responsibility and the chance to lead as a designer with the understanding you will be a “self-starter”, responsible for doing great work, creating top-tier deliverables and meeting client deadlines. We expect you to never stop learning, sharing, and growing as a professional. We want you to own the responsibility for the long-term success of our clients and the continual improvement of the team through best practices and awareness of design and healthcare trends.
We have a culture of dedicated, inspirational and supportive employees who care deeply about helping improve or save people’s lives with the innovative products and experiences we create. If you want to work on a vast range of challenging programs, with people who inspire each other and the opportunity to expand your career, Farm is the place for you.
Additional Job Description Details
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
• Acts as a Senior Industrial Designer or design lead on client programs. Is responsible for deliverables and has an awareness of and maintains a perspective on overall project deliverables given internal and external program constraints such as client goals, budget and schedule.
• Conceptualizes, creates, and develops new products involving aspects of form, aesthetics, human factors, and ergonomics having a high level of sophistication, complexity, and/or breadth of scope while applying advanced knowledge of design principles.
• Has an awareness of the overall product and its primary function as it relates to the user(s) and “system” in which it lives. Acquires the knowledge through client inputs and formative research to inform the design process.
• Possesses a working knowledge of manufacturing processes and techniques and applies design for manufacturing and assembly principles as needed.
• Creates necessary documentation to convey design solution to management and clients through CAD, renderings, hand crafted models, prototypes, written reports and compelling presentations.
• As applicable, designs user interfaces, icons, packaging and product graphics.
• Engages/manages outside vendors for prototyping, gathering of DFM feedback, obtaining cost/schedule estimates, etc.
• Works with user research, mechanical and electrical engineering to implement a design that meets end-user needs and marketing requirements while applying a high value to functionality and manufacturability.
• Interacts with the research, engineering, operations, business development, and quality disciplines to develop good processes, close working relationships, and successful products.
• Receives assignments, instructions, and guidance from Personnel Manager and Program Managers.
• Provides accurate, well-defined, and articulate verbal and written presentations to clients and other team members that effectively communicate the value of his/her designs.
• Possesses a developing understanding of his/her capabilities and work commitments and can provide estimates/schedule for work deliverables.
• Contributes to the continuous improvement of the department and its staff by maintaining an awareness of and promoting state-of-the-art designs, methods, standards, systems, and development techniques.
• Has knowledge of, and is compliant with, the Farm Quality Management System.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, from an accredited school and 5+ years of work experience or combination of education and relevant work experience.
• Enough maturity to interact with project managers in a cooperative and productive manner with little supervision.
• Demonstrated versatility and high competency levels in creativity and technical comprehension.
• Proven creative capacity as evidenced by the ability to invent, conceptualize, and abstract.
• Expertise in a range of user-centered design methods.
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
• Project management/technical leadership experience
• User Interface skills are a plus
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide…
• Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
• Life Insurance
• Matching 401K
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Employee discounts at local retailers