At Prose, we don’t believe in “one-size-fits-most.” We create custom hair care that’s inclusive to all hair types, needs and preferences. Each of our hair care products is customized to a person’s hair needs based on the results from an online consultation. The individual data is processed through a proprietary algorithm and made-to-order in the Prose lab using natural active ingredients. Marrying emerging technologies with the best in beauty, Prose is truly creating something special.
This is the opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and an energetic team that works together to deliver creative solutions that are transforming the way people think about and shop for hair care. We’re looking for talented problem solvers who lead with passion and who face any task with a positive mindset.
- Work directly with product designers, product managers and engineers to deliver compelling UI/UX solutions, from brainstorming and initial sketches to final visual specs and dev handoff.
- Continue to visually evolve and maintain the Prose UI kit to ensure consistency across projects
- Set and execute with a high bar how the Prose user experience is visually distilled in simple and elegant ways, no matter what the execution
- Help out with ad hoc creative projects whenever you have bandwidth
- Have 3-5 years experience in digital design. Bonus points if you have experience with design systems and design sprints
- You have a working knowledge of Sketch or Figma, as well as the Adobe suite. Bonus points for knowledge of Invision, or other prototyping tools.
- You have a user centered approach to problem solving and are always thinking outside of the box for creative solutions
- Are optimistic, empathic, and enjoy working as a team to reach shared goals.
- Are a strong conceptual thinker and seek opportunities to improve process and evolve creative. Simply put: you're always thinking about ways to make Prose better through design.
- Are extremely detail oriented, while able to step back and see the bigger picture in your design work.
- Are committed to Prose's mission and goals, and are excited to tackle every project, however big or small.
- Experience in an entrepreneurial environment a plus
Perks & Benefits
At Prose we value our employees and their well being. As a growing business we aim to stay up to par on the latest perks and benefits for all of our eligible team members. Some of these include but are not limited to:
- A competitive and flexible PTO policy
- Competitive compensation package (base salary, target bonus and equity)
- Company sponsored health care plan ( medical, dental and vision plans)
- 401k + matching, FSA and commuter benefits
- On-going training and development programs (think annual conferences, training or proficiency allowances- French lessons anyone?)
- Company wide “annual kickoff” offsite (at a location to be disclosed)
- Free lunch weekly and an abundance of office snacks (which may include the occasional croissant, macaroons and cheese spread