As a Writer at Formidable Forms, you’re responsible for growing our organic traffic and converting website visitors into email subscribers and customers.
To be successful in this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You have the ability to research and understand technical concepts and then explain them in simple terms to people who aren’t tech-savvy.
- You’re comfortable with accepting critical feedback without taking it personally.
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative to solve problems and learn new skills, and are comfortable working with minimal direction.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- You’re an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You’re passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see.
- You enjoy helping others on your team to succeed.
Here are some skills that are required to be successful this role:
- IMPORTANT: You have experience writing about WordPress-related topics, such as reviews and tutorials.
- WordPress: You’re comfortable with writing and formatting posts and pages, changing post status and scheduling posts, installing and configuring plugins, basic WordPress troubleshooting, etc.
- Writing and Editing: You can write a well-structured article with impeccable grammar and spelling in a conversational blog-style tone. You can edit your own work to eliminate errors instead of relying on an editor to fix them for you.
- Research: You have experience researching online and know how to evaluate the reliability and suitability of your sources.
- Image Editing: You can efficiently take screenshots; resize and crop images; add text, borders, or other elements; compress images; and upload and format them in WordPress so that they are clear, useful, and look good.
- Basic SEO: You understand what SEO is and why it’s important. You know how to research keyword volume and search intent and how to effectively use keywords in your content without keyword stuffing.
- Basic HTML: You can use the text editor in WordPress to add links and do basic formatting of lists, subheadings, etc. with HTML.
- Time Management: You’re able to juggle multiple tasks and projects and prioritize your work effectively to meet all deadlines.
- Team Player: You enjoy meeting and getting along with people from diverse backgrounds, are respectful of cultural differences and make an effort to communicate clearly. You’re enthusiastic about helping out your teammates.