Neds is one of Australia’s newest brands in the online betting world, now owned by the GVC group. Our focus is on innovation without friction and allowing great people to do great work with great tools. We want to be the #1 choice for our customers by offering the best product in the market, within Australia as well as internationally, and you can play a key part in reaching that goal.
We have a full-time position based in Bowen Hills in a workplace that has all the perks. Food, in-house barista ☕, beer on tap, games room and more!
About the team
Our development teams bring to life world class digital experiences in accordance with product requirements, designs, and user stories. We are seeking a Developer, with knowledge and experience across the full stack. If you have a bias towards front-end or app (React Native) development, we would also be keen to hear from you for this role and other opportunities.
About the role
- Create responsive and adaptive solutions that render and perform well on all devices used to deliver our products
- Implement and maintain efficient, scalable and robust code to ensure the smooth operation of our websites
- Troubleshoot, debug and implement long-term fixes to bugs
- Write and maintain test coverage
- Be responsible for deliverables, executing projects within timeframes and communicate well with all stakeholders
- Absorb changes in scope or design
- Nurture/enforce and monitor product technical excellence and high quality code
You have a “get it done” mentality, not dropping your focus or effort until you are satisfied with your execution. You keep your stakeholders informed and bring them on the journey. You have high curiosity and will actively seek out knowledge and insights about our business, the industry and our products.
We use multiple technologies as appropriate to the requirements e.g. Golang, Node.JS, React Native, VueJS. The following experience would be desirable:
- Fluent development skills in one or more of Golang, C#, Java, C++ (or equivalent compiled language).
- Solid understanding of web standards and technologies (HTTP, SSL, CORS, browser caching, cookies, etc.)
- Design and implementation experience with RESTful web services.
- Exposure to Docker and containerised applications.
- Experience with traditional relational databases (MySQL, MSSQL, Postgres, etc).
- Basic understanding or experience with one or more NoSQL data solutions (MongoDB, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch).
- Understanding of the general concepts of microservices vs service oriented architectures.
- Excellent knowledge of the mobile industry and the ability to develop our products using the latest device capabilities and trends
- Kubernetes orchestration experience
- Understanding of networking (Networks, Firewalls) and design considerations for distributed systems.
- Experience in data-warehouse solutions (Amazon Redshift)
- Strong understanding of Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud, including Infrastructure as code solutions (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Experience with Kafka, Kinesis, NATS or other stream handling solutions.