Senior UX Designer (Prototyper)
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“We are a community of creative explorers on an inspiring design journey at 3M. Together, we are passionate about insights-driven innovation, creating meaningful brand experiences for people and the world.” – Eric Quint, vice president, chief brand and design officer at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Senior UX Designer (Prototyper) with 3M’s Health Information Systems Division, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Rapidly iterating web, desktop and mobile prototypes based on input from user feedback from concept to release.
- Contributing to and refining the current design strategy and direction through code repositories, design systems, and development support.
- Supporting multiple new design programs, redesign efforts, or continuous improvement projects in a dynamic, diverse environment while meeting tight deadlines.
- Collaborating with other design disciplines and engineers to craft human-centered solutions that drive better outcomes in healthcare.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university (Completed and verified prior to start) in Computer Science, Interaction Design or Visual Communication Design
- Two (2) years of experience design work in digital product development for mobile, desktop, or web, digital ecosystems on variety platforms in a private, public, or military environment.
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- M.S. in in Computer Science, Interaction Design, Visual Communication Design or a related field or equivalent degree.
- 5-7 years of experience as UX practitioner (e.g. UX Prototyper, Frontend Developer, UX Engineer)
- Proficiency or expert level knowledge of 1 or more front-end development languages including experience using libraries (Backbone, Angular, React, etc) and able to develop code-based prototypes utilizing markup and scripting languages.
- Strong understanding of responsive design, software design patterns, and data structures for web-based and mobile applications.
- Able to build prototype from scratch assets and defined interaction patterns in software tools such as Axure, JIM, InVision, or other prototyping tools.
Please attach a file or include a link to a non-confidential portfolio of design work along with your application.
Location: Murray, UT
Travel: May include up to 10%
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
For more information about 3M Design, visit www.3M.com/design or follow @3MDesign on Twitter.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.