Senior Packaging Designer
The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing and developing packaging solutions, creating and updating packaging technically specifications and support the implementation for the design process. This role would report to the Director of Marketing. This role includes creating communications materials in digital and printed media as well as ensuring that new products information is properly reflected in our marketing materials and website.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Work with marketing and graphics design to develop new communication methods using Adobe Acrobat
• Creating packaging specification and designs
• Collaborating with outside vendors and agencies
• Completing all post-production tasks like uploading final files for the website.
• Reformatting technical information from engineering, creating literature and
brochures on new products and promotions. This material will be used for packaging, in print,
e-mail and on-line
• Develop and maintain packaging technical specifications to ensure their compliance with changes.
• Willingness to invest time and energy in understanding the company's business and manufacturing/packaging processes.
• Assure timely and effective project completion of assigned tasks
• Serve as technical expert for all aspects of packaging design development and support the implementation.
Skills and Requirements
• An in-depth understanding of all aspects of packaging component design and development.
• 5+ years experience in packaging design; preferably in the electronic accessories industry.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, (with staff, colleagues, suppliers, and senior management).
• Ability and initiative to seek, listen, and leverage the partnering with internal and external cross-functional teams and team members to do/get it right the first time.
• Embraces change, challenges and makes recommendations for improvements to products and processes.
• Creates tools that help simplify job tasks and shares or implements these with others
• Strong interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
• Proficiency in negotiations and technical problem solving is required to interact with various departments, divisions, and vendors to resolve issues and achieve goals.
• Experience on creative Suite tools use (Illustrator, InDesign…)