Join a team of award winning UX thinkers to build user-centered experiences that set the standard for customer experience excellence in retail.
You are someone who has a command of user-centered research and design practices. As a UX Designer, you promote empathy and understanding of users when creating intuitive, easy-to-use products.
Welcome to UX at DICK’S Sporting Goods, where technology serves as the hub of great product design. We believe that companies that invest in design practice set the standard for innovation and customer experience excellence in the retail industry. That’s why we thrive on blending UX and Service Design principles to create delightful experiences that connect our customers and associates with the equipment they need to perform their best.
We are looking for people with hybrid talents who can inspire design thinking ideas that set the standard for user-centered innovation in the retail industry.
- You work in a fast paced agile environment, collaborating closely with product managers and software engineers.
- You gather data insights to formulate strategic design decisions during all phases of the product development life cycle.
- You learn from senior-level designers, who provide you with regular coaching and mentorship to develop your skills in research and design.
- You effectively balance applying creative ideation to business challenges in order to build intuitive, easy-to-use products.
- You bring a fresh perspective, new ideas, and an awesome attitude to the UX team.
Research & Design
- You gather data insights to create customer profiles, define customer journeys, and build out information architecture.
- You conduct usability testing, survey designs, user interviews, data analysis, heuristic evaluations, exploratory research methods, and other modern research practices.
- You analyze research data and articulate findings through effective storytelling amongst your design and business partners.
- You utilize industry standard design tools to create user interfaces, customer interactions, and interactive prototypes.
- You are continuously improving your UI design skills and you contribute to establishing and maintaining style guides and pattern libraries.
- You have a strong curiosity when it comes to using new tools, adopting new technology, and learning new UX methods that will progress your professional development.