Duty / Responsibility:
- Consult in discovery phase ideation with marketing team to inspire and facilitate new product initiatives.
- Use amazing sketching and visual rendering skills to captivate buyers and support marketing with visual fodder that will win over the competition.
- Take concepts and ideation into 3D CAD and maintain design intent through to production.
- Create/or manage design signature for major brands and implement them across different segments.
- Drive innovation and creative thinking to look at the product line in new ways.
- Take consumer insights and marketing team input to create compelling, innovative, and commercially viable products.
- Work with the graphics and marketing teams to ensure merchandising, branding, and design language is considered upstream and downstream in the design process.
- Work with cross functional team to see products to production, interfacing with external factories
- Work within the product development process to ensure on time, on spec, and on budget.
- Collaborate/manage external design and/or engineering resources if needed.
- Work with marketing team on conducting consumer research.
- Light travel will be required within the continental US with potential international travel.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design; BFA/BSID
- 7-10 years of consumer packaged goods industry
- Expert Level 3D CAD required: Rhino 3D, Solidworks
- Strong ability in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop / Illustrator
- Model making / working knowledge of prototyping technologies
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Portfolio of recent work required
Skills / Abilities:
- Strong hand sketching/rendering in traditional and digital mediums to output quality illustrations that can be shown to non-designers and used in sales presentations to tell a story.
- Must be able to work quickly to express ideas into visual output and the ability to speed up workflow to arrive at solutions quickly.
- Strong understanding of upstream and downstream effects of design into manufacturing and cost impact.
- Must be able to balance maintaining design intent, being cognizant of cost, and manufacturing feasibility.
- Strong 3D CAD ability with complex surfacing that can be handed off to engineering or suppliers for detail engineering.
- Ability to design packaging structures and create die lines for production.
- Must be able to communicate concisely to implement designs and convey thought to key stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing direction and truncated timing.
This is a full-time, on site job; no freelancers.
International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.