Join our tight knit design team!
In the past year we’ve launched a new UI for our product as well as a new brand for our growing company. We need a junior communication designer to support the brand as well as collaborate with our small design team with ongoing projects.
This junior will have the opportunity for ownership of our social communication designs as well as a large amount of autonomy on the day to day. They will also have opportunities to learn and assist in event environmental design, campaign assets, swag and general design systems. This means both digital and print design experience, opportunities for ownership and mentorship from the rest of the team.
We believe a junior communication designer is in the unique position to help capture and explain complex concepts and to clearly communicate how customers can benefit from Platform.sh.
What you can expect to do on a daily basis:
- Maintain purpose and simplicity in our brand and to inspire engagement with our product.
- Some production work.
- Follow and collaborate on brand principles as the style of our dynamic brand evolves.
- Develop, design and produce key assets used to communicate in various channels, by executing end-to-end design for online and offline marketing, including:
- Online ads, email campaigns and newsletters, social media, blog visuals.
- Print brochures, case-studies and corporate documents.
- Event visuals, wearables and “must-have” swag.
- Infographics, data concept visualizations.
- In-house templates for google docs, and slides
- Social templates for twitter, linked-in and facebook
- Creating and/or sourcing illustration and photography assets for all types of content marketing based on our brand style.
- Tackle the balance of an at-times ambiguous environment.
- Enable the marketing team to engage with various audiences through specific communication (e.g. social posts) using the same visual language.
- Team collaboration on conceptual thinking on how we can capture a concept, showcase the benefits and use of the product leveraging infographics and illustrations.
What you bring:
- 1-2 years of visual design experience with a strong portfolio at a creative agency or in-house team.
- Proficient communicator and storyteller who can make compelling, cohesive communication come to life.
- Questions when direction is vague, an understanding that tides can change and the ability to raise a hand when help is needed.
- Interest in working on a strategic level, extracting what is needed to fully capture and create compelling solutions.
- Basic knowledge of handing off design files to print and other merch vendors to ensure highest production quality.
- Deep love and perhaps slight obsession for illustrations, infographics, typography, color and layout
- Proofing ability; bring those eagle eyes.
- Some flexibility with working hours (within reason), worldwide time zones are a challenge!
- Nice to have:
- Remote experience
- Illustration and icon design skills.
- Animation skills
What we bring:
- A cheeky brand that encourages clean, effective design but knows when to have fun.
- Yearly company-wide international meetups.
- An open work environment where your voice is encouraged.
- Lots of opportunities for creative freedom and exploration.
- We believe that good feedback can come from anyone. Our team is not a dictatorship.
- A small but passionate team of designers
- An understanding that life happens. Our remote culture allows you to work at your best times.
- Because of our international team, occasional inconvenient meetings.
- Pet friendly office ;)
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
We are a worldwide distributed team and are looking for a junior communication designer who can perform well working remotely. You’ll need to be able to effectively collaborate across time zones while being given a high level of independence and autonomy.
Platform.sh is an idea-to-cloud application platform that simplifies cloud infrastructures.
We give developers the tools they need to experiment, innovate, get rapid feedback and deliver better-quality features with speed and confidence thanks to our unique rapid cloning technology.
Platform.sh serves thousands of customers worldwide including The Financial Times, Gap, Magento Commerce, Orange, Hachette, Ikea, Stanford University, Harvard University, The British Council, and Lufthansa.
We want people who are passionate, open, multicultural, friendly, humble and smart to join us and help this fast-growing, award-winning company to revolutionize the tech industry.