The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown L.A. and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the “Trojan Family,” which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university what it is.
The division of University Advancement of USC seeks an experienced, creative and versatile Senior Art Director to join its Advancement Communications team that is committed to high-quality design, efficient communication service, and client satisfaction. Reporting to Senior Executive Art Director, the incumbent will conceptualize, create and develop a variety of high-priority visual communications, with an emphasis on digital media and assets, microsites, email campaigns, online features, branding campaigns, special event packages, and other deliverables to meet the department's marketing and communications needs. The incumbent will also be responsible for managing creative projects and initiatives from inception to completion, producing quality design work under tight deadlines with multiple projects and shifting priorities and collaborating with other members of the communications team to recommend visual and creative digital and print solutions.
This is primarily a hands-on design and art direction role, and requires design project management and delegation skills. Well-qualified candidates for this position will exhibit outstanding creativity, design expertise and the ability to organize and work on multiple assignments and should be a problem solver, a strategist, a team player and an innovator.
• Directs the design, strategy, art direction and overall execution of projects. Generates ideas and visual concepts, and conducts presentations to clients, in accordance with university editorial standards. Consults with and advises faculty/staff regarding visual media services.
• Produces effective campaign for projects and creative initiatives. Ensures a high standard of visual execution across all media and campaigns. Acts as the liaison between creative department and clients or other stakeholders. Develops strategies for effective communications of assigned projects.
• Reviews the work of creative teams and provides direction and feedback. Schedules, assigns and prioritizes workloads of staff supervised, including designers, photographers, administrative support, etc. Ensures timely completion of publications and projects.
• Determines detailed design specifications and requirements, and provides final approval for execution. Develops, manages and administers department and or project-specific budgets, providing financial status reports. Recommends and/or makes budgetary and resources allocations. Creates financial projections and/or cost estimations, as needed.
• Informs management of trends and developments in field. Provides creative- industry best practices advice and counsel regarding current developments.
• Analyzes and evaluates current and potential vendors and freelancers. Reviews, modifies and negotiates contracts and agreements, and makes recommendations and specifications for bids. Selects appropriate vendors for each project, supervises jobs in progress and ensures vendor payments.
• Establishes and maintains appropriate network of professional contacts. Maintains currency of emerging and new media trends through professional organizations and publications. Attends meetings, seminars and conferences; makes formal presentations.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
At least seven years of experience with proven excellence in design skills required.
• Demonstrates creative problem-solving skills and strong artistic design, color and typography sensibilities in all media.
• Experience using Adobe Creative Suite for Mac OS, particularly InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects and Adobe Premiere to design print and digital materials
• Strong understanding of digital technologies (as they relate to creative concept development and design), interaction and experience design
• Experience with web design and publishing
• Experience designing for social media platforms
• Knowledge of presentation tools, including Keynote, and standard office software packages
• Expert knowledge of methods, procedures, techniques, and media available for design production.
• Ability to give and receive constructive design direction.
• Organizational and planning skills, acute attention to detail.
• Client relation skills.
• Strong interpersonal and team skills to interface with a broad range of clients, staff, and external vendors.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/sfyzwtztn7yx7s8c