Employee Navigator is one of the fastest growing benefits and HR SaaS platforms, working with over 35,000 customers around the country. Our software provides insurance brokers and employers with a single place to run their business more efficiently helping them manage everything from new hire onboarding and online benefits enrollments to PTO tracking and more.
Our growing 100-person team is looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer who will work cross functionally with our Product Management and Development teams to assist in the design direction for our product. This individual will be an integral part of the design function within the organization producing high-quality user interface design for our product—from concept to execution for web application. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, collaborative, works well in a fast-paced environment, and has a passion for pixel-perfect work.
We were also named one of the Washington Post’s Top Workplaces in 2017, 2018 and 2019!
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
· Apply user centered design approach to create impactful digital solutions.
· Lead the full design process with all stakeholders.
· Contribute to product strategy and advocate for the user.
· Produce end-to-end experiences, including user research, prototyping, testing and high fidelity UI and visual design.
· Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale
· Improve the design system and create UI patterns with front-end developers to implement consistent visual design.
· Juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations.
· Utilize user-centered design best-in-class principles to produce amazing visual from concept to execution across platforms.
· BFA/BA/BS in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or Fine Arts, or equivalent experience
· Minimum of 7 years of experience in web design
· Ability to consult effectively with non-designers on projects
· Experience creating high fidelity mockups
· Experience with UI design patterns and standard user centered design methodologies
· Ability to convey clear messaging and stories through design
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple overlapping deadlines and priorities
· Experience designing for responsive desktop applications and mobile applications
· Experience in Sketch, InVision, and/or other industry design and prototyping tools
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
All candidates will be required to submit a portfolio of work samples and/or links to their work.
· Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions
· Experience working in an Agile environment
· Experience with Prototype tools (Principle, Invision, etc.)
· Comfortable using a variety of different tools (Sketch, Figma, Justinmind, etc.)