The Job in short
As Senior Application Support Engineer, you get a chance to help define the organisational structure for over 350 projects, 1.000+ users, and more than 800 employees. There is also an opportunity to mature the organisation through creating solid and easy-to-use JIRA dashboards, as well as integrating other technologies - including ones you create yourself, or in cooperation with other departments at Backbase - which ensure great project overviews for every layer of the project. As an organisational wizard with the obsession for structure and consistency, you analyse complex organisational queries and generate tailor-made solutions which keeps all dependencies in mind, with the goal to see your stakeholders satisfied.
Meet the job
On a day-to-day basis, you are responsible for:
• Administrating the Atlassian suite of products used by Backbase including the billing in close collaboration with the Finance department
• Defining processes in close collaboration with other departments to provide structure to Jira projects and Confluence spaces using best practises.
• Providing day-to-day support for Jira and Confluence used across the business (e.g. creating dashboards, filters, spaces)
• Ensuring security principles are in place for the IT application landscape
• Application integration with various authentication/authorization methods (SAML, OpenID, LDAP, Google Identity)
• Auditing of access permissions and usage
• Investigating requests and being proactive for installation of add-ons and custom development
• Advising the organisation and providing strategic insight for new applications
• Being the resident expert on Atlassian suite products, you leverage your application engineering experience on basic/medium-complexity problems involving other platforms such as Slack, GSuite, SalesForce, Netsuite, BambooHR, Jamf, etc.
How about you
• 5+ years of experience with administering Atlassian products (JIRA software, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, Bitbucket)
• A degree or professional recognition in a relevant discipline, and/or industry-recognized training and certifications (ACP-100 Jira Administrator, ACP-200, etc.)
• Lean and Agile knowledge are strongly preferred
• English language, written and spoken
• Strong knowledge of Java, Bash, Python
• Outstanding presentation and communication skills to manage multiple stakeholders with different and changing preferences
• Ability to translate internal needs to customise into suitable solutions and provide structure in chaotic environment
• Ability to work in a fast moving environment where new frameworks and technologies are invented and proposed on a frequent base
• Takes responsibility, proactive, Solution orientated