IT Support Specialist Role
As Petal’s IT Support Specialist, you will help build and maintain the tools and infrastructure that keep our office(s) running smoothly and help increase our overall productivity. You should be able to support all things IT in our fast-paced, scrappy, and quickly scaling environment. You will own, develop, and refine various IT processes - anything from helping to setup our new hires with the right equipment, to establishing policies around IT Security. We are looking for a self-starter who works well both independently, with little-to-no direction, and also collaboratively as an integral part of our dynamic and growing team.
Travel to Richmond, VA on a monthly basis may be required.
- Act as subject matter expert supporting primarily macOS, Windows, and all common office software and applications such as G-Suite, identity management, and MDM products
- Perform laptop setup and inductions for users, hardware troubleshooting and repair
- General office IT such as conference room, telephone, and printer setups, etc.
- Implementation of applications and software upgrades, as well as performance troubleshooting and tuning for users
- Communicate and document troubleshooting techniques and best practices
- Perform endpoint management deployment and anti-virus security
- Participate in the development and delivery of training programs when necessary
- Work with leadership to constantly monitor and improve delivery of IT systems and support
- Proactively understand, analyze and research new technical problems when needed
- Network hardware setup and maintenance
- Strong knowledge of IT Security, best practices and procedures
- Ideally has experience with office moves
- Documenting and enforcing new and current policies and procedures
- Participate in special projects as assigned
Characteristics of successful candidate
- 3+ years’ experience within IT Management
- Possesses advanced knowledge of the following technologies: Wireless infrastructures technologies, G-Suite products, Email security / monitoring, Window and macOS Servers, AD, Microsoft DHCP / VLAN / DNS / VOIP / Firewall Appliances / IP routing etc., Cloud Storage such as Google Drive, Conferencing / collaboration technologies (ideally Zoom)
- Self-motivation and the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with high-level executives in a fast-paced, hands-on environment
- Experience with end user customer support
- Ability to use customer-service oriented techniques to determine and resolve problems, and respond competently with the appropriate sense of urgency to user requests
- Work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Quick learner, proactive individual who possesses a ‘no task too small, no task too big’ attitude
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments
- Should be able to undertake some physically demanding tasks e.g. lifting 10+ pounds, moving equipment, etc.
- Experience with the following technologies: IT Security and Protection, Mac management / deployment tools, Office, Voip technologies