At Apple, our Software Engineering Data Analytics team focuses on improving the user experience by improving operating system stability, capturing feature usage telemetry, and evaluating device performance. This requires gathering data from customers who have given consent, utilizes strong privacy preserving techniques, and entails aggregating information, all to help inform direction.
Are you a manager that can lead a Data Analytics Web Development team in a multi-functional leadership role that will lend support to connect internal teams to data?
You will be working with your team of world-class engineers to define, develop, and guide the future of Apple products and software. The scope of work covers the entire Apple product line, and interact with big data coming back from hundreds of millions of devices. You are an engineering manager who can drive cultural change, develop positive working relationships and ultimately improve our operating systems through data.
Skills & requirements
- Culture - instills a collaborative, appreciative, positive, and inspirational culture to the team.
- Change - desire and ability to inspire change in the way we function.
- Analytic sense - ability to discern the most sensible way to make a data informed decision.
- Ability to set and maintain a positive and collaborative team culture
- Positive - We are looking for a leader who will instill a collaborative and inspirational attitude to the team.
- You are detail oriented - possessing the capability to understand all levels of software developed.
- Strong leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal capabilities
- You have a proven record in managing and deploying large, complex systems as well as a deep knowledge of modern frameworks (Angular/React)
- Strong technical proficiency in full-stack web development, deployment and support.
- Backing stores - ability to retrieve and interact with data from Vertica, MySQL, HBase, HDFS, and Oracle systems.
- You have a deep knowledge of operational deployment strategies with Kubernetes, Docker, Apache, and Nginx.
- We are looking for a leader who will establish strong working relationship with peers and partners to address cross-functional process and inspire changes outside of the team.
- Quality and results focus: You have a good business sense with a strong quality ethos. Commitment minded and drives closure to open items. Provides regular status updates to partners and management.
- Strong program-management skills: Works closely with business owners to define specific requirements for initiatives and programs. Accurately scopes length and difficulty of multiple tasks and projects. Sets objectives and goals for self and team. Breaks work down into realistic process steps. Identifies risks and communicates them to partners and management. Anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks. Measures performance against goals. Evaluates results and holds self and others accountable.
- User focus: Ability to understand how different individuals may interact with a workflow and solicit input from various individuals.
- Identify and track critical metrics that support broader strategic goals.
- Experience in building and managing software engineering teams
- Self-starter, who is pro-active and demonstrates creative and critical thinking abilities
- Ability to work with and understand many different stakeholders needs and points of view
Bachelors or greater in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- - Three years of leadership experience
- - 5+ years of web development experience