Springboard is a fast-growing startup, built by a team that is passionate about improving education and bridging the world’s skills gap. Our self-paced, online courses give anyone, anywhere access to a world-class education through a combination of a web-based platform, project-based learning model, and ongoing 1:1 mentorship for each student. We’ve helped thousands of learners revamp their careers and, by extension, their lives!
At Springboard, our users are at the forefront of the product strategy. We believe that our UX plays a critical role in shaping the strategy to help us realize the potential in making a positive impact on the world.
We’re looking for a passionate, collaborative, user-obsessed Lead Product Designer who can join our small, nimble, and fast-moving team to lead the UX Design function and help us shape the future of online learning.
In this Lead role, you will partner with the Product, Engineering and Business Operations teams to drive the strategy for End-to-End product experience for our students and mentors. You will be responsible for establishing and growing the UX team that will implement this strategy flawlessly and create delightful experiences. As a part of this small but nimble startup team, you will flex your leadership skills but also contribute to get things done.
- Lead the UX and service design strategy for the End-to-End product through Design Thinking. Conceptualize a broad set of ideas and design solutions that span across online and offline experiences, then iterate and synthesize based on data and customer validation.
- Build a deep understanding of the business goals to help drive results. Challenge the goals when necessary to align with user’s needs.
- Help establish and evangelize the Design Thinking process in the organization by collaborating with cross-functional leaders to create a culture of user centered problem solving create the product experience that drives business results.
- Through Storytelling, influence the broad audience by visualizing concepts, ideas to internal leaders, partners and customers.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to other designers on the team by providing constructive design critique, manage design project roadmap and tasks while establishing priorities and timeframes for deliverables
- With your deep user-orientation and understanding, you’ll run user testing, interviews, and research. You’ll share your findings and insights across the company, thus enabling us to apply your learnings & drive future product decisions
- Create user scenarios, user journey maps, wireframes, UI designs and prototypes throughout the full cycle of the product development
- Are driven and energized by our mission and product, and are looking to make a positive impact on the world by being an integral piece of a startup team.
- You are a process-oriented yet versatile thinker: you can both dream big *and* dive into details; you have a deep understanding of fluctuating priorities.
- Are adept at identifying pain points, then deploying your 3+ years of interaction design and user research skills in tandem to find a creative yet thorough solution.
- Can collaboratively drive large projects with multiple cross-functional stakeholders: you’ve worked with teams of different sizes and different processes; you seek information & access proactively
- Are an exceptional communicator and storyteller (verbal, visual, written, listening) who invites feedback and conversation around your designs
- Have a proven track record of getting things done: you can start with an MVP and iterate, but you get the need for speed, compromise, and tradeoffs and ultimately shipping the feature!
- Are proficient with design tools like Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, and InVision
- Have an online portfolio that speaks to your design thinking process and skills
Bonus points if you...
- Bring previous design experience in an educational context
- Have experience working with remote teams