What we do
We are looking for a part-time (working student) UI Designer to enhance our product team and to help us make self-driving cars a reality.
Do you want to work on meaningful projects? Do you want to be part of a young, ambitious and international team? Do you want to help solve some of the biggest challenges of humankind?
Our automotive venture aspires to bring safe autonomous vehicles into European cities. We are building an industry-leading data access and extraction solution which enables seamless semantic searchability in petabytes of autonomous driving data and dramatically accelerates the development of self-driving cars.
We believe in combining the strengths of machines and humans to reach superior performance. Our software is designed to help engineers and researchers to build better and safer autonomous cars. Making the user interfaces as intuitive and effective as possible is hence a key factor for success. That is why we are looking for you!
MX Automotive is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented and creative UI Designer to join our team and enhance the design of our product. Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate designs and process flows.
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Create and iterate on your designs through sketches, wireframes, mood boards, style tiles, design concepts and prototypes
- Use prototypes and low-fidelity mock-ups to communicate ideas in a short amount of time
- Production of high-quality assets including but not limited to user interfaces, icons, mock-ups, illustrations, tables
- Implement layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Close collaboration with our product managers, autonomous driving experts and engineers
- Prepare designs for developer hand-off, and collaborate with the development team
- Support with marketing material, website etc.
We define ourselves by a culture of friendship and ownership. We’re looking for capable, driven, and thoughtful people to add to our vision.
Company Culture & Benefits
- 1+ year professional product/UI design experience
- Portfolio of digital design projects that demonstrates the ability to create appealing designs
- Experience working with design patterns, systems and component libraries
- Proficiency in design, wireframe and prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe CC and InVision)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is occurring and ambiguity is the norm
- A collaborative spirit capable of giving constructive feedback as well as taking feedback from colleagues and users alike
- Strong language skills (verbal and written) in English
- [Bonus] Experience in the field of automotive or a tech-centric culture
Our team is made up of entrepreneurs, scientists, and engineers. We’re based in Europe’s startup capital, Berlin, and are growing quickly! Our hierarchy is flat and communication direct, which means that we operate and learn fast, as a team.
In addition to a competitive salary and fringe benefits (like company hardware or company lunch on Tuesdays), the following aspects are central to our company culture:
- Work-life balance: some of us come in during regular business hours, and some of us prefer to start later or earlier. We are a fully trust-based organization and belief in the ownership and responsibility of our people.
- Professional Development: Be it seminars, workshops, conferences or other methods, we encourage our employees to continuously develop their personal skillset.
- Collaborative Culture: We have regular offsites and team dinners. If you want to participate, that’s great! And if you don’t, that’s fine too
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply, and we can help with immigration.