WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced System Engineer (m/f/d) that will help scale our infrastructure to build the next generation of flight distribution platform to compete with one of the biggest software giants in the travel industry.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Team up with a group of fellow System, Site Reliability Engineers and Software Engineers, with the goal to architect the infrastructure of our Airline DirectConnect Platform.
- Further develop our multi-tenancy system built on Kubernetes
- Design and develop a configuration management subsystem to support connecting anyone who wants to sell flights
- Take responsibility and initiatives in building up a strong infrastructure system and team
- Create and maintain fully automated CI/CD pipelines for code deployment for business-critical production systems
WHAT MAKES YOU THE RIGHT CANDIDATE
If you have…
- At least 5 years of work experience in System Engineer, DevOps or Infrastructure Engineering
- Familiar with Cloud Native principles
- Experience working with different public cloud providers (AWS / GCP)
- Experience in delivering infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Passion about monitoring / observability / logging (Grafana, Prometheus, Kibana)
- Hands-on experience deploying and managing Kubernetes cluster deployments
- Demonstrate strong knowledge in infrastructure areas such as networking, internet protocols and security
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English (English is the company’s official language)
- Strong analytical, project management, communications and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
HOW CAN YOU STAND OUT
You’ll reach the top of the list if, in addition to the above, you:
- Have experience with Elixir and/or Erlang (BEAM)
- Have any history in building data intensive systems
- Are interested in owning an API Product which can become the backbone of a new flight booking system
- Are interested in the flight industry and travel technology
- Have helped build up a technology company from scratch
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU AT FLYIIN
- The opportunity to join a company at its origin stage, which will grow fast
- The chance to work with very enthusiastic and experienced people from different parts of the world with different professional backgrounds who all share the strong desire to shake a whole (and huge) market up
- The option to home office one day a week, and to work remotely two weeks a year from any geographic location
- Regular “Knowledge sessions” on topics such as online travel, airlines, technology and digital products
- A competitive salary and a training and development budget of €2000 per year
- Work and live in Berlin! It is one of the most creative, culturally diverse and affordable cities in the world
- Get relocation and visa support
- Your daily dose of coffee, beverages, fresh fruits, snacks… and of course Friday beers
… and more as our business and results grow.
Are you interested?
If this is the kind of adventure you would like to take part in, and the type of job that you’ve always been looking for, please send your application, including your CV and any additional material relevant for your application, earliest start date and salary expectations. Please do not add photos, date of birth, or gender in your CVs.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
We are proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, color, disability or place of origin.