Customer advocacy is at the heart of Hopper. As a globally distributed team of travel and hospitality enthusiasts and experts, we believe that every interaction before, during and after booking travel with Hopper should earn our travellers' trust and loyalty.
As a Travel Experience Agent, you love helping people. You have a passion for the travel industry, enjoy building connections with people and are a natural problem-solver. Hopper's goal is to become the most customer-centric travel company in the industry, and a big part of that is providing the absolute best service to our customers. We're looking for Hopper humans who love solving problems, are persistent, empathetic, kind and curious.
- Help customers via chat or email to ensure they have the best possible experience (most teammates tend to speak to 40+ customers every day). No scripts, human conversation only.
- Work out of multiple global distribution systems (GDSs) and a variety of internal tools and systems to quote, exchange and refund airline tickets
- Help users navigate the Hopper app, troubleshoot bugs and provide guidance on new features
- Constantly prioritize and re-prioritize a high volume of incoming travel requests for air and hotel bookings
- Provide an exceptional level of customer support to all users who reach out
- Experiment: we are an adventuresome bunch so expect that anything and everything can change!
- Live and have legal authorization to work in California, Massachusetts, Oregon, or anywhere in Canada
- A minimum of 2 years in a user-facing or back of house airline industry role with material experience using global distribution systems -- either Sabre, Apollo or Amadeus
- Exceptional written communication skills in English (live chat experience a bonus); proficiency in Spanish or Portuguese is a strong asset
- Excellent computer skills, a willingness and an eagerness to excel at technical systems
- Possess high level of understanding, patience and empathy. Able to navigate difficult customer conversations with professionalism
- Have previous remote work experience and appropriate remote work set-up - such as quiet space, stable internet connection, and a back-up location
- Be prepared to work full-time hours on a schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays
- Are committed to continuous growth and learning. You understand that every challenge is an opportunity and you get excited about learning new things
35000 USD per year with 401k, full benefits and stock options
- California, Massachusetts, Oregon, and Canada-wide