Vimcar is redefining business mobility by seamlessly integrating commercial vehicles into digital ecosystems. An innovative combination of live car data and a set of cloud-based applications offers real-time insight into vehicle activity and support for administrative tasks.
Backed with € 18+ Mio. by renowned VCs including Acton Capital, Coparion and UVC, our products make everyday life easier for our customers while saving them money at the same time. This has helped us connect more than 70,000 vehicles already and win customers like Allianz, Zalando, Deutsche Bahn and Ford.
(Senior) Frontend Engineer – Web Application Development (m/f/d)
- Department: Tech
- Reporting Line: Tech Lead
- Working Hours: Full-Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Location: Berlin Kreuzberg
- Required Languages: English (C1+)
You are a Senior Frontend Engineer
, passionate about working with React.js and with a good UI/UX understanding. In this role, you are an essential part of one of our cross-functional development teams and support us in crafting cutting-edge, cloud-based applications within our high-load event-based connected fleet ecosystem.
THE TECH STACK
- With a strict MVVM architecture and clearly defined patterns, we focus on building things.
- With static typing, we can develop features with confidence. It makes our applications scalable and maintainable.
- We work with Functional-Reactive-Programming using Rx.js – whereas MobX is very much an object-oriented library, giving us both performance and ease of development.
- API-first! All clients communicate with our backend via RESTful, JSON-based APIs, documented by OpenAPI/Swagger.
- Without exception: All deployments are fully automated and based on Docker or AWS Lambda.
- Within your team, you build and evolve our growing frontend web-applications to provide the best possible UX while we quickly grow our user base.
- In collaboration with our backend developers, you participate in the definition of RESTful APIs to build & operate new features for our fleet and logbook customers.
- You deploy code to production, relying on our highly automated continuous integration and continuous delivery infrastructure.
- You share your knowledge and get involved in code reviews.
- 3+ years of experience in frontend development for web applications
- Experience with state management (MobX, Redux or similar)
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins or similar)
- You have a strong affinity for UX and have proven to show ownership in a dynamic, agile environment.
- Business fluent in English
Why should you join us? At Vimcar, you can take an established StartUp through its most exciting growth period with significant VC backing. We established a subscription business model centred around complex products within the evolving B2B SaaS industry
- Quick, sustainable growth & secure funding
- Agile work environment with flat hierarchies and an international team
- Modern tech stack solving complex user problems
- Permanent full-time position with flexible work hours and a company laptop
- Access to company carsharing, fresh fruit and free drinks around the office, frequent company events, and a variety of other perks, including a membership with Urban Sports Club
Sounds like you? Send us your application (CV or LinkedIn/Xing) today using our online application form. Reach out to careers[at]vimcar.com if you have any questions – we're happy to help.