Our mission and vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is Changing Benefits. For Good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole new level. We are fast-paced, ambitious, people-focused and on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of one of the most exciting times in the company’s history and while we are already recognised as the global leader in our industry, we will not become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market and our PINK people are what makes this possible. We are passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners, and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, ‘maximise potential’ and to ‘challenge everything, deliver excellence’ are part of our unique culture. This is the PINK glue that binds us.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success. We truly believe that using our platform and products can impact and improve people’s lives. In fact, nearly 2 million people are already using our platform (Darwin). That’s a lot of people enjoying their flexible benefits!
About the team
In the conservative world of HR, we like to think differently: starting with the brand, continuing with the technology and finishing off with original and ground-breaking designs. Contrary to most of our competitors, we have a very solid technical foundation that gives us the opportunity to build better products and focus resources in creating experiences to delight our clients rather than just meet their needs.
The role and your mission:
- Product experience design life cycle (from concept to detailed specification to implementation) which includes:
- user research, personas definition, user testing, information architecture, concept generation, prototyping and detailed design; all within a user cantered framework
- Help define the UX strategy and user stories with the Product Managers
- Defining, producing and implementing the designs for a highly efficient and emotionally engaging UX within the delivery team made up of Software Engineers, product managers and BAs
What skills and values you will bring:
- Ability to think outside the box and a drive to solve complex problems.
- Be a team player and be able to work independently; making confident recommendations.
- Use humor, creativity, and positive energy to maintain personal and team momentum.
- Be comfortable with leading conversations with small or larger groups of individuals to support the design process and evangelise the output of it.
- Be able to quickly iterate designs, test them and roll changes back in to designs and products
- Have excellent communication skills; verbally and written.
- Demonstrable understanding of interaction and visual design principles.
- Solid understanding of Agile UX design and software development methodology
- Proficiency with core design tools (e.g. Sketch, InVision,) and the desire to learn new ones as they come along
- Experience with responsive design tools and technologies.
- Fluent in spoken and excellent in written English
- Understanding of web and mobile technologies, specifically the UX capabilities of leading platforms.
- Have experience in both B2B and B2C environments
- Have an interest in continually improving our agile delivery methodologies and bringing individuals, across disciplines, together.
- Proficiency in prototyping tools in order to facilitate early user feedback, communicate design direction and engage stakeholders in the decision making process.
- BA/BSc in Interaction/Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Computer Science, Psychology, or related field
Our PINK benefits and culture:
- An opportunity to work in a fast-growing, innovative company with lots of room for progression
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Day off on your birthday
- Weekly health and fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A flexible reimbursement account for you to spend on the things that matter to your Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
So if you like the look of what you see, and think you could be the perfect fit for us, then take the leap and apply today! Go on, what are you waiting for?