Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage a fleet. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day. We're looking for an experienced, driven, product-focused Senior Rails Engineer to help us deliver amazing features to our customers.
What you'll be doing
Your work will be heavily focused on high level, high impact areas. You’ll work closely with Product Managers and Designers to plan, design, and implement some of our more complex features. You’ll have a strong voice in the development and planning processes, so senior-level experience is key.
We work in weekly sprints and use Pivotal Tracker to keep things organized. While we keep meetings to a minimum, our remote team is heavily collaborative and takes advantage of modern tools such as Slack, Google Drive, and Zoom to stay in touch.
Our stack includes Ruby on Rails, Angular (we're currently migrating to Stimulus), Postgres and Heroku. We’re currently on Rails 5.2 and strive to keep our frameworks and libraries up to date.
This is a position we consider essential to the company’s success. Be sure to mention coffee in your cover letter so we know you actually read this.
What's in it for you?
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. We’re a customer-centric team with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers.
- Work from our HQ in Birmingham, AL or remotely (within the United States). Over 50% of our Engineering Team works remotely (including our CTO), and as a company, we strive to promote a strong remote working culture.
- Build software used by people all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
We're hardcore believers in easy-to-use software. Crafting a delightful user experience is hard work, but we welcome the challenge and are looking for team members who share our ambition.
We're in "scale-up mode" and now to 80+ employees. We’re past the days of just a couple of people in a small office, but we’re still very much a fast-paced, highly collaborative company.
Our top goal as product engineers is adding value to our customers and we love to get changes out quickly. We've optimized our CI/CD to make it painless to run our test suite and get code into our production Heroku environments easily, resulting in an average of 40 deploys per week.
- 5+ years of professional Ruby on Rails experience
- Experience with common libraries such as RSpec and Sidekiq
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and relational databases, such as PostgreSQL
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as HAML, ERB and SLIM
- Understanding of the balance between scrappiness and long-term code maintainability
- Compelled to make things look beautiful and work flawlessly
- Level up if you know a thing or two about the fleet industry
- 100% coverage of health and dental insurance
- 401(k) + match
- Company stock
- Dependent Care FSA and Medical FSA
- Generous PTO and 8 company holidays
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Mac laptop, book stipend, and professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Remote working friendly
- Monthly catered lunches and office snacks (HQ only)