As a Senior Java Software Developer, you will be part of our agile, cross-functional and international development team working on a new mobile-only strategy game. You will drive the development of new features as well as maintain and improve the already existing code.
- Develop and optimize the Java/Spring backend to implement solid, tested game logic
- Refactor, optimize and improve the existing codebase for maintenance and scale
- Conception of APIs, tools, and workflows to optimize the interdisciplinary work
- Foster a culture of sharing knowledge, best practices and standards
- Improve not only the product quality but also the quality of work within the team.
- Degree in Computer Sciences, Business Information Systems or an equivalent training and experience as IT specialist
- Several years of experience in object-oriented programming in Java with Spring Boot and RESTful Web Services
- Excellent understanding of software architecture, design, and test-driven development
- Profound knowledge of SQL, GIT, and Continuous Delivery
- Good English language and overall communication skills
- Proactive and motivated individual with a willingness to learn
- Good understanding of CI/CD and experience with Jenkins and Docker
- also interested in frontend development with C# and Unity to gain the ability to solve non-complex tasks
- Passion for computer games and the games industry
Why join us?
- Be part of a great international team in a healthy and stable growing company
- Choose your preferred device (Linux, Mac or even Windows) to set-up your favorite workplace
- We actively support your further development and give you all needed resources to evaluate new technologies and participate in open source communities
- We provide additional training budget to spend on attending conferences, taking hard skill courses or improve your soft skills as well as purchasing books
- Our career model is set up equally for an expert in a technical career or a management path
- Use opportunities to make your code open source and show your achievements at international conferences
- We offer competitive compensation with benefits like relocation support, company gym, smartphone or tablet, company bikes, rooftop terrace with BBQ and much more
Excited to start your journey with InnoGames and join our dynamic team as a Senior Java Software Developer? We look forward to receiving your application as well as your salary expectations and earliest possible start date through our online application form. Maximilian Kaeding would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
InnoGames is Germany’s leading developer and publisher of mobile and online games. The company based in Hamburg is best known for Forge of Empires, Elvenar and Tribal Wars. InnoGames’ first mobile title Warlords of Aternum is a fantasy turn-based strategy game. InnoGames’ complete portfolio encompasses seven live games and several mobile titles in production.
Born as a hobby, InnoGames today has a team of 400 employees from more than 30 nations who share the passion of creating unique games that players across the globe enjoy for years. In order to further expand our success and to realize new projects, we are constantly looking for young talents, experienced professionals, and creative thinkers.