Oddball believes that the best products are built when teams understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal and commercial space.
As Data Warehouse Engineer you will be responsible for helping to develop a production-quality analytics tool, utilizing existing data sources to empower Veterans Affairs with to inform research and development. Act as a liaison between engineers and analysts. Implement and enforce standards and procedures to ensure data is managed consistently and properly integrated.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform system analysis, data analysis or programming, using a variety of computer languages and procedures.
- Map data between source systems, data warehouses, and data marts.
- Implement business rules via stored procedures, middleware, or other technologies.
- Develop and implement data extraction procedures from other systems.
- Develop or maintain standards, such as organization, structure, or nomenclature, for the design of data warehouse elements, such as data architectures, models, tools, and databases.
- Create supporting documentation, such as metadata and diagrams of entity relationships, business processes, and process flow
- Create plans, test files, and scripts for data warehouse testing, ranging from unit to integration testing.
- Experience customizing and integrating data sources into Google Analytics dashboards
- Review designs, codes, test plans, or documentation to ensure quality
- Provide or coordinate troubleshooting support
- Prepare functional or technical documentation
- Develop new dashboards using Google Analytics and modify existing SQL and some Python programs to meet customer requirements
What You’ll Bring
- 8+ years of data warehousing experience
- A proven track record of developing custom-built data warehousing/analytics solutions with the above experience in supporting large scale programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills directed at both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Comfort with managing multiple ongoing engagements and parallel work streams.
- Capable of taking direction from senior leadership and translating into concrete next steps and actions.
- Must be a team player who is self-motivated, detail-oriented, and takes initiative in performing tasks
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Experience in developing and analyzing data models
- Knowledge of data management, data standardization, and data governance
- Ability to analyze source data for potential data quality issues
- Sufficient knowledge to identify and help avoid pitfalls associated with data warehousing
- Expert in SQL and/or SQL based languages
- Ability to obtain a public trust
This is a Remote position. This is a salaried role. Oddball offers both a tech and a continuing education stipend.