The Economist Group is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences and electronic services. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
We are currently searching for an experienced Application Support Analyst to be part of the Business Systems delivery team. The team is responsible for our group applications for Financials, HR, Advertising Booking and Event Management.
The team also develop and support a number of other business applications, both on-premise and in the cloud.
The role requires an experienced IT professional with technical skills in PeopleSoft Financials, HR applications, Oracle Databases, Oracle SQL and SQL Server. A knowledge of Force.com would be advantageous.
How you will contribute:
- Trouble shoot user problems
- Troubleshoot technical problems
- Enhance the application by being involved in analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of interfaces, customization and reporting
- Be involved and sometimes lead in the implementation of PeopleSoft provided fixes, bundles and service packs
- Participate in projects to implement and support new modules
- Be fully aware of forthcoming PeopleSoft releases and how the company may capitalize on new functionality
- Enhance relationships with internal clients by providing an world class support service
The ideal skills for this role are:
- A core understanding of Financials and HR applications from a technical perspective
- A fundamental understanding of relational databases and a good command of SQL
- Experience of working with proprietary application development tools and languages, preferably in PeopleSoft Financials
- Knowledge of the architecture used to support business applications including web, application, batch and database servers
- Expertise working with Microsoft and Google applications including SQL Server, Excel, Access and Google Sheets)
- Experience of most stages in the application delivery life cycle (requirements gathering, design, build, test, implementation)
- Good spoken and written English
- Excellent listening skills
- Confident enough to communicate your ideas to others and receive, understand, and incorporate comments from others
- The capacity and willingness to perform duties with initiative and resourcefulness
- Outstanding problem solving skills