As Tech Lead, you make our customers smile by providing great software and building an effective team.
Pros and cons
- + You work on Coolblue.nl, and you can show all your friends all the cool things you’ve made.
- + You review code, preach best practices, and promote pair programming.
- + You coach your teammates and constantly give feedback to help them become a little bit better every day.
- - You need to crawl under the ping pong table if you lose to your teammates.
After a cup of coffee, you and your team have your daily standup. Julia excitedly tells about her work on the visual design of the new login page. You and Jaime are pair programming together on a story to log in with a social media account. After some puzzling and writing new code, you confirm that it’s finished, after which the functionality goes into production. Phew, it’s lunchtime already!
In the afternoon, it’s time for your one-on-one with Victoria. She wants to discuss some things she’d like to improve. Together, you come up with some improvement actions, and while you’re at it, you help her program her current story as well.
After that, it’s time to relax. You suggest a game of pool with some teammates. Hmm, where to shoot that 8-ball?
- You have at least 7 years of experience as a Web Developer.
- You have experience in coaching and managing junior and medior developers on their technical- and softskills.
- You lead from the front. You guide by example, not just by words.
- You’re capable of solving problems by using accepted best practices and principles like TDD/BDD, SOLID, and design patterns.
- Scrum/Agile comes naturally to you.
- You understand and investigate what a user wants and feels.
- You get bonus points if you've led multi-cultural teams in the past.
Included by default
- 25 leave days. As long as you promise to come back.
- Travel allowance and a retirement plan.
- Relocation assistance, from A to Z (if you live abroad).
- With over 30 training courses in our own Coolblue University, you can become a little better every day.
- An international working environment. With colleagues from places like Belgium, Spain, Australia, Mexico, and Italy.
- Room for new initiatives and ideas. We’re always open to those. Doesn’t matter if you’ve worked with us for a week, a month, or a year.
- A horizontal organisation in the broadest sense. You could just go and have a beer with the boss.
- A discount on all our products.
- A picture-perfect office at a great location. You could crawl to work from Rotterdam Central Station. Though we recommend just walking for 2 minutes.
- Extraordinarily good work environment, including freshly made snacks, monthly drinks, legendary Coolblue parties, awesome team activities