As Team Lead of the Infra & Databases team within the Hosting & Deployment domain at Coolblue, you and your team are responsible for all aspects of our data center environments, including the databases running there and in the cloud.
Pros and cons
You spend a lot of time supervising your teams, but you also work with technology yourself.
You work on leading-edge technology and get to build nice things.
You make sure our data centers and databases continue to meet the organization’s ever-changing requirements.
Every day is different, so you’ll never be bored.
You work on so many nice things that you won’t know what to talk about on parties.
You start the day off well with a cup of coffee, followed by the standup. On the database side of things, Jasper has a long-awaited update: the near real-time synchronization between the on-prem Oracle database and the AWS RDS databases is working!
That means you’ll be able to make quite a bit of progress with all the failover, integration, and performance tests on the Kanban board. On the Infra side, Lirida also has some good news: there were no problems with the upgrade of the ESX platform.
You spend the rest of the morning finishing up a number of stories assigned to you.
After a team lunch at Rob’s favorite ramen place, it’s time for a refinement session, followed by two evaluation meetings. Together with Roeland and Abdul, you discuss the progress of their AWS certification, and you also give them some personal coaching tips. After that, the day is already over.
- You have experience giving feedback meetings and motivating/coaching colleagues.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- You’re genuinely interested in your people and help them to realize their ambitions.
- You’re a heavyweight when it comes to networks (Juniper and Palo Alto are a plus) and you’re a serious conversation partner when it comes to data centers or databases in general.
- You have experience working with CloudFormation or a similar tool, such as Terraform.
- You have experience with systems for continuous integration and continuous deployment, such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Bamboo, and/or Travis CI.
- You have experience with systems for automated configuration management, such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef, or Saltstack, and you know how to work with Git.
- You can automate tasks and have experience with script languages like Python, Powershell, or Bash.
Included by default
- With over 30 training courses at our own Coolblue University, you can become a little better every day.
- A discount on all our products.
- A picture-perfect office at a great location. You could crawl to work from Rotterdam Central Station. Though we recommend just walking for 2 minutes.
- An extraordinarily good work environment, with freshly made snacks, monthly drinks, legendary Coolblue parties, and an informal, playful department.
- 25 leave days. As long as you promise to come back.
- Travel allowance and a retirement plan.
- A job at 1 of the fastest-growing companies in the Benelux.
- Room for new initiatives and ideas. We’re always open to those, whether you’ve been with us for a week, a month, or a year.
- Working together intensively in an international environment with extremely driven, intelligent colleagues from the Netherlands, Spain, Australia, Mexico, and Italy, among others.