Do you not only love to code but also want to see your work making the lives of millions of people easier? Please keep reading!
You will join Omio’s Marketing Growth team, where you will work on a variety of projects that aim at attracting users and making them travel with Omio for the first, second and hundredth time.
To achieve this vision, you will do the following:
- Design and build backend systems and contribute to frontend projects such as our Landing Pages System, ADs System, Analytics Data Pipelines, just to name a few.
- Produce, analyze and visualize data to enable user level features by using tools like Google Analytics, SnowPlow, Apache AirFlow, AWS RedShift and Tableau.
- Work in close collaboration with our Marketing, Product and Design teams to provide the best experience for everyone, every single time.
- Contribute to existing systems across Omio, whether it is Omio’s search or booking products and collaborate with our fantastic engineering teams on a daily basis.
- Design, build and operate critical Omio systems such as our Web and Mobile portals.
Our technology stack is diverse and ever changing. Examples of the technologies we currently use and you’ll be working with include (but are by no means limited to):
- Java, NodeJS, Go
- Kubernetes, Docker
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- GCP Dataflow, GCP Pub/Sub
- Customer focused: You constantly strive to deliver valuable, stable products to the end-user. You always ask yourself “how does this benefit the user?”
- Up to code: You have more than 4 years of experience in software development, you write clean, lean, effective code in multiple languages (e.g. Java, NodeJS, Typescript, …), all version controlled. You pick the right tool for the job and are not limited to a single paradigm or language.
- A large scale designer: You design system with large scale in mind. You optimize for high throughput at constant performance. You take as a given that your software will run in a highly distributed, scaling environment and design accordingly.
- A team player: You guide and help your teammates with planning and delivering high quality software and also take on communication across teams
- Java 8 and above, Spring Boot
- Grafana, Graylog, ElasticSearch-Logstash-Kibana, InfluxDB
- Aware of Microservices tooling/machinery - aware of techniques like Circuit breaking, Request Collapsing, Service discovery, Balancing, reactive streams
- Development of Cloud applications
- Relational Database development - at least 3 years of experience with databases like PostgreSQL or MySQL
In Growth Marketing you would join one of the following teams:
- Performance Acquisition: Highly focused on data, ads and paid traffic. We squeeze our computing power to bring the best users with the best cost efficiency.
- Organic Acquisition: We focus on maintaining organic users flowing into our product by crafting precise SEO tools, working closely with designers and conducting our Users to search inside Omio’s platform.
- Product Acquisition: We're responsible for every new user. Covering and experimenting multiple and innovative acquisition channels and growth hacking projects, we ensure that the first experience with Omio is one to remember.
What can you expect from joining Omio?
- An office in the centre of Berlin’s thriving startup scene
- Open communication and everyday opportunities to learn, grow and develop
- A diverse team of over 40 nationalities
- Free lunches and breakfasts, yoga, German lessons and more
- Competitive compensation and relocation support
Are you the one we are looking for?
Then please click on the button below to submit your application. We can’t wait to start coding with you!