We are looking for an experienced engineer who can manage a team of 5-8 and also contribute to our codebase. You’ll be reporting to the head of engineering and your team will have a mix of frontend, backend, and devops engineers. Our stack is Python, React, and docker (via k8s, openshift, etc) and a lot of our code is open source.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
- As an engineering manager you will actively contribute to the codebase and manage a team of engineers (frontend, backend, and devops).
- You will be responsible for your team’s ability to ship, establishing accountability and continuous feedback
- Attract, hire, and grow top engineering talent; actively mentor and motivate your team
- You’ll take decisions about technology and about your team
- Help your team make decisions and drive them to be autonomous and self-reliant.
- You’re a strong communicator and educator
- You have experience managing a team of engineers.
- You communicate clearly, listen, and show empathy, and can coach others to do the same
- You have at least 3 years experience as a senior software engineer (at least 6 years total)
- You are proficient with most of our tech stack (python, react, docker, container orchestration)
- You are excited about applied machine learning
- You want to work in a fast-growing startup
Please keep in mind that we are describing the background we imagine would best fit the role. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, yet you are confident that you are up for the task, we absolutely want to get to know you!
THINGS YOU WILL DO
We’re a startup, so you’ll have to be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever is required to support our mission. However, you can definitely expect to:
- Take responsibility for a team of 5-8 engineers
- Contribute to our codebase, including the rasa open source framework
- Make decisions about technology, architecture, and your team
- Mentor your team and help them level up through continuous feedback
- Actively seek out ways to become a better leader. Self-improvement is important at Rasa.
- Communicate effectively with other teams at Rasa about what you need from them and what they can expect from you.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Flexible hours, work from home when you need to
- 1000 Euro’s personal development fund to help you grow within your role
- 26 days paid holiday per year
- A new Macbook, and other Tech to help you to do your job
- Your choice of snacks, fresh fruits + drinks at the office
- We have regular team events, as well as regular social events
- 2 team offsites every year, our last one was 3 days in beautiful Brandenburg.