Do you want to work with a social venture that delivers the highest-quality K-12 curricula in the best way? Then consider joining LearnZillion. We empower educators to provide students with the education necessary for a successful future. Help us change the paradigm of curriculum, publishing, and content. 1 in 3 US teachers already use LearnZillion.
We are looking for a senior operations engineer to help us deliver essential content and tools for teachers, students, districts, and parents. You will play a key role in building LearnZillion’s infrastructure and shaping its future. You will report to the CTO and work closely with Engineering & Design coworkers, product managers, academics, and user community to build our world-class application.
You should be well-versed in devops practices, tools, and AWS.
Our Technology Stack
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, Route53, S3, etc.)
- Ruby on Rails
- AWS RDS Postgres
- AWS Elasticsearch Service
- AWS ElastiCache Redis
- Sidekiq Pro
- GitHub, Code Climate, Circle CI, automated Cucumber test suite
- Docker & Docker Compose (local and CI)
- Architect, configure, and maintain LearnZillion’s production, staging, and development environments
- Develop automation and tooling for configuration, deployment, monitoring, backup/recovery, etc.
- Measure, analyze, and monitor the infrastructure for availability, performance, and security
- Design and implement processes to maintain overall system security
- 3+ years of solid Linux/UNIX systems engineering, administration, and automation
- Knowledge and experience in deploying web applications, preferably Ruby on Rails
- Intrinsically-motivated individual who loves to ship quality infrastructure often
- Competitive salary and paid time off
- 4% 401(k) contribution matching
- Remote-work friendly schedule
- Work daily with top-notch engineering team members
- Make the digital curriculum of the future a reality for students everywhere