Who we are?
We are Lobster Ink - a solutions company that helps some of the world’s most influential businesses navigate transformative change. Because people ultimately drive change, we develop training solutions that build their capability.
Our global team of 220+ Lobsters design award-winning digital products and produce industry-recognized training content that provides 1 million+ people across 200 countries with the practical skills and knowledge needed to be great at what they do. We are brave, caring, tenacious, inventive and purposeful. We work with the biggest names in hospitality - our client list includes the likes of Marriott International, Hilton Worldwide, Waitrose and Partners and Dubai Tourism.
We’re also proud to be part of Ecolab, the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services. As our client list grows, so does our need for exceptional individuals to join our teams in Amsterdam, Cape Town, Washington and the world. This is where you come in.
What will you do in this role?
- Lead a team of BI Engineers and Data Engineers and set them up to be successful
- Accountable for execution of the Business Intelligence and reporting roadmap
- Setup BI governance and processes
- Work together with the Data Architect to develop the reporting architecture of the Data Supply Chain
- Drive the modelling of our OLAP cubes for our in-app and custom reporting products
- Accountable for the design of reporting requirements, including standard and customized reports for internal and external clients
- Accountable for the correctness and referential integrity of the data in our data warehouse and the semantic data components
- Support the tech team by doing peer reviews and participating in knowledge sharing
- Lead planning, daily stand-ups and retrospective meetings
Lobster uses the following BI technologies which are part of the accountability to function:
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse / Azure SQL Database
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) Multidimensional / OLAP cubes
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) / Azure Data Factory 2
- SQL Server Reporting Services / PowerBI
- Azure Data Lake
- Azure Data Factory 2
- This is not an exhaustive list, but gives a good indication for the type of stack that we work with.
Who you are?
- A servant leader with experience leading a Business Intelligence team.
- A seasoned BI specialist with knowledge, experience and appreciation for quality and governance
- A champion of Agile / Lean principles and not afraid to tries new patterns/technologies
- Demonstrate a portfolio of projects that you have independently led and applicable, valuable qualifications
- A proactive, passionate, BI leader that wants to continuously learn and develop on-the-job.
Why is this an amazing opportunity for you?
This is a unique opportunity for a Senior BI Developer and Lead to join a rapidly growing value-driven organization to develop amazing reporting products to disrupt the world of Learning & Development. We are looking for you, someone with strong dimensional modelling knowledge, to support us in the development and maintenance of reporting products on top of our Data Supply Chain as part of a cross-functional Agile team. At Lobster, we value independence and ownership. We feel that Agile principles like safety and ownership are very important and e offer internal learning & development to grow in other domains, like AI and machine learning or Analytics.
There are many more reasons why this is a great opportunity for you:
- International diverse department of 20+ nationalities
- Modern agile methods
- Cutting edge technologies in the data domain
- Opportunity to build disruptive products
- Idea-driven culture with frequent transparent retrospectives
- Caring team with shared values and ethics
- Car, bike and public transport friendly reachable office in the cool city of Amsterdam
Do you want to know more about us, in terms of facts and dimensions?
We are the premier EdTech supplier in the hospitality industry globally and we have the largest hotel groups as our clients. We are proud to have won the EdTech X Global Growth Award 2018.
- In 2018 1 million (M) learners joined on our platform
- We served 8 M video lessons with 18 M lessons in total over 12 M courses
- We processed more than 1 billion learn events
To be an A player at Lobster Ink you need to embody the following attributes:
- Brave: At Lobster being brave means that you have the internal drive to progress the boundaries of your own capability, the courage to explore uncharted territory, and by expanding your perspective and stretching your capacity.
- Caring: To care means to listen, communicate, understand, dovetail, call out accountability and act in respect.
- Tenacious: At Lobster, we are relentless in the pursuit of our goals. We learn from setbacks, remain focused and never resign to mediocrity.
- Inventive: At Lobster, we believe that inventive willpower is a renewable resource that breeds when it's shared. Our solutions push past complexity and strive for simplicity.
- Purposeful: At Lobster, we act with intent. We are goal-oriented and experiment in a measured way to learn through experience. We are committed to continuous, iterative improvement for our customers and ourselves.
Together we remain humble but never the same. Distinctly Lobster.