PLATFORM AT TESSIAN
We're looking for a senior Platform/DevOps engineer to join us as a Lead on our predominantly cloud centric infrastructure. You should be experienced with (and excited by!) ideas like infrastructure as code and "cattle not pets", and be prepared to design, develop and support the various offerings of our system. Because of the sensitive nature of our work flexibility is a must. We deploy to AWS today, but may want to extend to other cloud offerings in the future.
We are extensively using Docker to manage our application code, so this role gives a chance to build on modern software deployment techniques, and we use a range of cloud services to orchestrate, secure and manage our application stack. You'll be investigating and proposing microservices architectures and coming up with new ways to deploy and scale Tessian's platform. You’ll be growing your skill-set on an ongoing basis; regular and continuous development is something we believe in and as an employee we will seek to create opportunities for you to evolve.
Our agnostic approach to problem solving means we favour hiring engineers who pride themselves on the ability to learn new skills, their comfort with the unknown and their willingness to experiment. This role may involve, at times, occasional client side visits.
Some of the technologies we’re working with include Node.js, C#, Python, Postgres, MongoDB, Spark, and our current cloud stack revolves around AWS, Docker (on ECS), Ansible and Terraform.
WE'D LOVE TO MEET SOMEONE WHO:
- Has 5+ years of DevOps/Platform experience, and has ideally held a Lead role
- Is a great problem solver who takes pride in their work
- Enjoys building scalable and resilient systems
- Has strong experience managing a range of production applications in a distributed and highly available cloud services environment (AWS preferable)
- Has experience with containerization (Docker) and high level container orchestration systems (e.g. ECS/Kubernetes/Swarm)
- Has experience with automation and configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Terraform, and Puppet)
- Has a deep understanding of Linux operating system and administration skills, and shell-scripting skills
- Has a deep understanding of server/network security concepts and implementations
- Has created and worked with microservice infrastructures
- Ideally has some experience deploying solutions to enterprise clients
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT HERE:
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleagues
- We offer a competitive salary (range dependent on experience, from entry to lead) and equity options with every role
- Everyone gets 25 days of paid annual leave (33 days including bank holidays)
- Fantastic tech start-up environment, using best practices and cutting edge technologies
- Company contributions are made towards your pension
- You’ll get brand-new high-spec equipment to work on & choose your own OS
- Flexible start times on the tech team
- One day per week work from home guaranteed for parents & carers
- We have communal company lunches, and regular team socials and activities
- One week of remote working from abroad
- There are plenty of office snacks including fruit, nuts, bread, and cereals, and amazing coffee
- We offer a cycle to work scheme, eye care vouchers and childcare vouchers
- If you’re coming from abroad, we’ll provide relocation assistance. Over 25% of the company is international and we’re always as supportive as we can be in helping people make the move