Prime Insurance Company is seeking a motivated software developer who works well with a distributed team, and wants to help establish a remote first culture.
We are a Microsoft shop. Our data lives on Sql Server, and a mix of Access and .Net MVC/AngularJS front ends. We source control everything in git (including Access!), build on Team City, and deploy with Octopus.
You must be located in the United States, and authorized to work here. We are unable to sponsor H1-B Visa's at this time.
We expect remote employees to overlap at least 6 hours with the Sandy, Utah office (we're there 8am-5pm Mountain time).
- Test and debug existing systems
- Assist in identifying and implementing new ways to improve the quality and experience of our systems
- Contribute to success through software craftsmanship principles
What we look for in our team members
- Passion for new technology
- Team player mentality
- Quality focus on doing it right the first time
- Strong communication skills
- Verifiable experience with a remote development team.
- 6+ years progressive experience developing software
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, including SSRS and SSIS
- .Net Framework 4.0 through .Net 4.7.2
- Good understanding of JSON and RESTful services, experience with microservices a plus
- Good understanding Unit Testing tools such as NUnit
- Strong working knowledge of source control systems including git
- Knowledge of best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
Bonus points for
- Insurance industry experience
- Microsoft Access / VBA development experience
- RedGate Sql Change Control