Senior Python / SQL Backend Engineer
Posted 2 weeks agoApply
RiskGenius is solving the hardest problems in insurtech by employing artificial intelligence to transform a $7 trillion sector. We provide insurance carriers and brokers bleeding-edge policy language AI that can save them millions of hours and billions of dollars. And the industry is taking notice - we now serve some of the largest carriers and brokers in the world.
We are looking for a senior Python/PostgreSQL developer to help us combine the output of our data science team in Oklahoma City and the front end team here in KC. This job is more than coding, it's ownership of a very important part of our stack. This job is essential to the success of the RiskGenius platform.
This role is based out of our headquarters in beautiful Overland Park, Kansas (a suburb of Kansas City).
This is an architect-level role with substantial autonomy, discretion and responsibility. e.g.:
- Designing and implementing a web service layer in Python to supply all the data to our shiny new frontend
- Building the database to sit underneath this service layer
- Working with data science to agree to an interface between their work product and the service running above Packaging data science Python modules as web services
What We Offer
- Equity in RiskGenius
- Discretionary bonuses based on company performance
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Help in building up your retirement savings by happily matching your contributions each month
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need to
- Paid parental leave to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Fun. We’re a close-knit company that actually likes doing things together (like drinking beer, playing pool and dressing up like storm troopers . . . or Jedi, although not necessarily all at the same time)