We are a 100% remote team working throughout the United States. Our new engineer must be based in the United States, be a U.S. citizen, and be willing to work the same structured daily schedule with our team (regular business hours of 9AM - 5PM Central time).
While we're looking for a junior-level engineer, you need to be a senior-level team player, communicator, and problem solver. Since we are all remote, we communicate through Slack, Basecamp, and video chats throughout the day. You must be able to express your ideas and needs clearly. Everyone on our team also speaks directly with our clients on a daily basis, mostly in writing. You must be able to explain technical concepts to non-technical people thoughtfully, and you must be able to work and communicate with a diverse range of people.
As a junior-level back-end engineer, here are some things you might do in a typical week:
- Be responsible for 2-3 server migration projects at a time, all at varying degrees of completion.
- Be comfortable learning and maintaining legacy code bases.
- Investigate and resolve 15-20 reported bugs.
- Make updates to a SQL server database schema using our in-house data modeling tool, X2O.
- Provide well-written messages to a client in Basecamp about the current status and upcoming roadmap for a particular site implementation.
- Routinely provide detailed insight to a client explaining how you've implemented a piece of logic that they've specified to resolve a bug.
- Managing a codebase and committing changes to a central SVN repository, including merging branches, or occasionally resolving code conflicts with other developers.
- Work with a project manager to estimate projection completion
- Gain more business domain knowledge of how benefits and retirement plans work, as you continue to implement more code for a client. You'll use this knowledge to become even more productive and valuable for future projects.
- Perform scheduled code, database schema, and data migrations to various environments.
- Respond to issues discovered in a dynamic and static scan of existing code bases.
All of our developers here have experience in the following, in order of how often you’ll be using these languages/patterns:
- .NET / C# using the MVC framework
- Relational DB development
- Service-repository pattern and dependency injection
- Unit and regression testing
To be successful in this contract position, the right junior-level developer will also have the following:
- Experience with MicroSoft SQL Server and related tools
- Experience with database structures, stored procedures, functions, triggers, data migration and transformation
- Experience with .NET C#, dependency injection, Web API and other .NET related development
- Experience with SSIS and data transformation
- Experience with Redgate Data Tools
- Experience with Windows Tasks, Powershell and automation tools
We Are Mammoth is a close-knit, hard working team of eleven software developers, designers, technical project managers, and support staff.
This is a contract position, and the project you'll be working on is estimated to last between 13-16 weeks. During this time, you'll enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive pay
- 3 paid days off + any company holidays off that are within the duration of the project
- All new team members at We Are Mammoth are paired with a mentor who provides advice, guidance, and support.
This is a full-time contract for 14-16 weeks, remote, junior-level .NET/C# engineer position. We Are Mammoth promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome, and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage all qualified US Citizens to apply for this job.
++++ Staffing and outsourcing agencies will not be responded to ++++