[email protected] Digital
Posted 1 month ago
What Will You Do:
You will be joining an Agile team of like-minded Engineering talent and delivering key solutions for the Products and Services that will drive value for our customers end-users. We are looking for Engineers who are able to be leaders within their field and within their product area.
· You will be participating in daily Stand-Ups, Sprint Planning Sessions, Retrospectives and working alongside Scrum Masters and Product Owners to understand the shape and direction of the future plans for the customer.
· Taking the lead and focusing on the enhancements of the back-end solutions
· You will have the autonomy to deliver these solutions and working on taking a consultative approach to help the customer understand the shape with they can achieve with the use of technology
· Sprint-Cycles are fortnightly and we fit Agile around the project needs rather than focusing on out on box Agile
What you will bring to the role:
You will bring your engineering craft to a team that enjoys working together, learning from one another and help up-skilling each other. We are proud to have created an environment where people ask for help and know they will get it immediately and we want you to bring that same attitude. Being able to take a lead in conversations would be something you would enjoy bringing to this role, whether that be with your team around a tech solution or with the customer around new plans for their products. We want to be leading these conversations and want you to help us do that, you are the one with the expertise and we will back you in your decision making.
We want people to come with experience in the following:
What will we do for you:
We put a great deal of value on giving everyone coming into BuildIT the platform to grow in their careers and also to develop those around them. With this in mind we are committed to the following:
· We will give you the autonomy to work out how best you are going to deliver your code.
· We will free you up from the clunky processes in other organizations and allow you to focus on the development work you are passionate about and where you can add most value.
· We will buddy you up on day one with a like-minded Engineer who can show you the ropes and the wider team will welcome you in.
· Learning from your peers on a daily basis is a given and a benefit which isn’t readily available in other places and this is something we have worked hard to build and are proud of our team for ensuring it continues.
· You will have the opportunity to attend events, talks, seminars and you will be able to share your story of how you played your part in building [email protected] in Edinburgh.