We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our in-house design team. This person will work closely with our design lead and other cross-functional teams to turn client needs into high-quality design solutions.
The ideal candidate is…
A passionate designer with at least 4 years of experience of working on a wide range of projects. You love working with a team in solving design challenges and to improve projects.
You’ve got an eye for detail and always want to improve. If you have a passion for design, love feedback, eager to learn, and share your knowledge then we’d like to talk with you.
In 2016, 2017 and 2018, 14 West was voted one of Baltimore’s Top Workplaces by The Baltimore Sun.
You can learn more about life at 14 West by checking out our WestWord blog.
What you’ll be doing…
- Performing user research to get a greater understanding of people, the challenges they face, and the goals they are trying to achieve.
- Working collaboratively with the design lead, developers, project managers, and other stakeholders.
- Defining problems and goals, mapping user flows, building prototypes, and creating high-fidelity visual designs and specification documents
- Designing interfaces for a wide range of projects. From apps to internal systems and right up to e-commerce websites.
- Helping to promote design thinking and UX design across the organization.
- Working closely with the design lead to creating solutions that better meet the needs of our clients.
- Helping with hiring, mentoring, and establishing a design culture within the company.
What we need from you…
- Proven experience delivering end-to-end (from brief to shipping) digital products within a cross-functional team environment with an iterative approach that leverages quantitative and qualitative measurement.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in design of digital products that have been released to market, with a proven track record of success.
- An ability to act as a consultant to potential and existing clients on UX Design concepts.
- Previous experience of delegating PM workload within a team, following up to ensure completion.
- An obsession for design and an eye for detail.
- Good communication, teamwork and time management skills.
- A willingness to learn and improve.
- An open mindset and love to ask questions.
- A good sense of humor, kindness, and how to work smart.
- Open to receiving feedback and critique. You're not discouraged by receiving or providing feedback.
- Passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- An understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- A strong understanding of design thinking and design principles.
- Tons of familiarity with design techniques (such as prototyping, wireframing, user research).
- Deep knowledge of design tools (such as Sketch, Photoshop, InVision, or similar tools).
- A strong portfolio (we want to see what you’ve done in the past, if you don’t provide a portfolio we won't be back in touch).
Would you like to…
- Build a UX Design culture in a worldwide company?
- Further your career in UX Design and work with experienced UX Designers?
- Work with clients and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Solve problems for millions of people worldwide with your designs?
- Work on various projects from apps to internal systems and right up to e-commerce websites?
- Work with the latest design tools and technologies?
- Work in a team that respects feedback and honesty?
- Have a lot of fun doing it?
...Then submit a link to your portfolio and your resume to the link provided.
We offer a wide variety of benefits, programs, and services to our employees, including:
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plans.
- Employer-subsidized parking.
- 401(k) plan with employer matching.
- Generous vacation time and paid holidays.
- Fitness programs and discounts.
- Casual dress code.
About 14 West
14 West is the business services arm of The Agora, a network for more than 40 of the world’s most innovative media and marketing companies. By relying on us, The Agora Companies enjoy the unique luxury of focusing on the work they want to do… not the work they have to do. We share a history and a heritage with the businesses we support, and custom tailor our administrative and technical strategies to suit them. We believe passion is a critical ingredient in the services we provide. And we strive to deliver leading-edge yet sustainable solutions that promote perpetual growth.