At TopstepTrader, individuals fully own their roles and are charged with meaningfully driving results. We work fast and continuously optimize our products to reach more and more traders worldwide.
We’re ready to hire our first (!) User Experience Designer to enable us to continue offering our traders the very best in usability, as well as bring our design game to the next level. We have a defined brand voice, and we need help translating it into a design playbook. This role will not be only heads-down in design mode, but will help direct the future of our product through the look, feel, and experience that keeps our traders engaged and coming back. You’ll be recommending and defending designs to internal stakeholders through best practices and research, and delivering key artifacts to make the design a reality. Since you’ll be our first UX Designer, you’ve got to be motivated, organized, and experienced in designing across various mediums.
You’ll also need a genuine enthusiasm for entrepreneurship, and you’ll be able to excel in a fast-paced, high energy start-up environment.
Excited about this opportunity? Read on, keeping mind that we strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company. Topstep believes that diverse people and ideas result in better business, and we are committed to fostering an inclusive culture where you can thrive.
The Role, along with everything you’d expect
- The UX Designer role is an ideal opportunity to join a young team and contribute directly to the long term processes and tools of the product team
- The role is also a great fit for candidates who like to own, lead, and design guidelines - you get to create our UX library and playbook!
- The UX Designer will work closely with not only our product team and developers, but also our executives and our user-focused founder
- Along with autonomy, you can expect lots of work diversity. No two days are the same and we’ll be learning right along with you!
- We care a lot about design and want to look like who we are - it’d be huge for you to help us do that
- You’ll get to own the entire experience, from signing up for a profile with us, to receiving a funded account, and you’ll be the first to do so. We hope you’ll be excited to research and bring all of your creativity and design knowledge to the role!
The Ideal Candidate
- We think someone who has worked as a UX Designer for 4-6 years will be successful. You’ll learn a lot here, but we need solid UX design experience in this role to talk to different stakeholders, negotiate when necessary, and justify design decisions
- You also have to have a variety of experience across mediums. If you’ve only designed for mobile, for example, this won’t be a good fit
- Smart and approachable. Our entire company will rely on the UX Designer for aspects of different projects, and we're team players
- Ability to prioritize initiatives and communicate clearly across the company. As a small company, we always have a lot going on, and we rely on our teams to have the skills to navigate the best way to accomplish our goals
- Truly passionate about our users and their experience with us. We believe users are the center of our work and this role will be crucial to living that value
- Understanding of the product development life cycle is ideal, but if you haven’t had the opportunity to get this experience yet, we can teach you
- Knowledge of Zeplin or CSS is a plus so please apply even if you have none!
- Experience with educational or instructional design - also nice to have. Call it out if you’ve got it, and no worries if you don’t
- We are bold. The ideal candidate can tell us exactly what this means, once and for all!
- Competitive salary and bonus incentives
- 401(k) plus match, to help plan for your future
- Generous paid family leave, plus flexible ramp up period upon return, and extra PTO days
- Access to senior management and mentoring opportunities
- Monthly team Innovation Labs, which contribute to long term strategic decisions
- Vacation bonus, when you take off 5 consecutive days to fully clock out
- #TopstepTravel, a semi-regular raffle for luxury accommodations in a variety of cities
- Professional development budget, provided for continuing education, training, and workshops
- Employee Assistance Program, for when you need some professional support in your personal life
- Company parties and outings, happy hours and catered lunches, breakfast and snack bar
- Annual company-wide Step Up Day, a day spent giving back to our community
- Graceful Leave Policy
- Casual work environment and dress code
- Summer Friday (flexible) hours
- Opportunities to work from home
- Pre-tax spending accounts, for your dependent and health care needs plus transportation
- Paid time off (starting at 15 days, increasing annually), plus paid holidays, paid sick days, and paid volunteer hours
- Medical, dental, vision, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance
Is TopstepTrader the place for you? If so, apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
TopstepTrader is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, or any other basis protected under the law.