Think Research is changing the way healthcare is delivered - we are a global SaaS company that delivers the latest clinical knowledge to the point-of-care in hospitals, seniors care homes and in the community. The body of global medical research grows exponentially every day. It’s impossible for doctors to keep all of the latest best-practices in their heads so we make software that brings it to their fingertips, organizing medical knowledge and data to improve patient care. We're a fast-growing publicly traded company (in 2800 healthcare facilities and counting) and we’re making a global impact with a footprint in seven countries. If you are looking to improve patient care and are passionate about technology — look no further.
This is a hybrid role, with a combination of systems engineer (70%) and Database administration (30%)
You Will Have The Opportunity To:
- Deploy cloud infrastructure and services on Google Cloud Platform
- Assist in developing, maintaining and monitoring production 24 * 7 * 365 infrastructure.
- Produce systems that are secure, scalable, automated, and well-documented, and train others to take on operations
- Collaborate with DevOps and Engineering teams to deploy and support customer-facing web applications
- Ensure backup functionality and consistency, including restoration process and data recovery plans for disaster recovery
- Provide DBA support as assigned, doing installations, upgrades, database loading, migrations, testing
- Troubleshooting and resolution of database/server problems
- Backup and recovery of local and remote replicated databases
- Create and verify data backups including configuration data in critical environments
- Communicate timelines, service dependencies, resource constraints and progress with key stakeholders quickly and effectively
- Maintain the technical infrastructure for business continuity plan (BCP) and DR (Disaster Recovery)
- Develop and improve infrastructure and application performance monitoring and alerting systems
- Provide platform support as required, on 24x7 on-call rotation
What You Will Bring:
- 3+ years’ experience with design, implementation and management of highly available (HA) system architectures.
- 3 + years experience administering and troubleshooting Linux systems.
- 1+ year Containerization experience
- 1+ year Kubernetes experience
- Hands on experience with cloud infrastructure such as GCP, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Solid understanding of bash, ruby, python, or other scripting languages with a focus on automation
- Experience managing large-scale infrastructure using automation for provisioning, software deployment and configuration management (e.g. Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Packer etc.).
- Experience with orchestration tools (TeamCity, Jenkins, etc)
- Experience deploying and configuring monitoring solutions such as Nagios, Datadog, NewRelic
- Experience deploying and configuring logging aggregation solutions such as ELK, Graylog
- Experience with metric collection technologies such as TICK stack
- Experience handling on-call shifts for mission critical systems.
- It's not every day that you have the chance to change the way your friends and family are cared for - Make an impact!
- Be a part of the digital disruption happening in healthcare and do challenging, meaningful work
- We’re growing, and so will you with leaders who will support your development through mentorship and other opportunities
- Collaborative, creative, dynamic and flexible work environment, with a start-up spirit
Subject to applicable laws and regulations, Think Research vaccination policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to enter a Think Research or subsidiary office/clinic.
Think Research and all subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, free of discrimination and harassment.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation, we would like to work with you to meet your needs.