The role of the React Native Mobile Software Engineer at Lex is to conceptualize, implement and maintain the mobile Lex app.
Lex is a welcoming space for conversation and expression—where LBGTQ folks can build relationships, have fun, and belong. Apple's App Store selected Lex as Top App for Pride 2021.
2022 is the most thrilling year at Lex yet, evolving our of dating app into something bigger (and better) – responding to the way folks are already using Lex. We’re transforming Lex into the social network to connect LGBTQ folks to new friends and community - improving chats, building groups and creating seamless ways for new friends to discover each other. We’re also excitingly working on rebrand this year.
You’ll report directly to the CTO, and be part of growing engineering team. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with Team Lex and impact how we grow and evolve.
In November 2019 we released Lex app MVP. Since then Lex raised pre-seed and seed round of funding. We closed our last round in November 2021 with funding from the people behind Co–Star, Peanut, Zola, Outdoor Voices, Ro, and more.
01 | THE OPPORTUNITY
What you’ll be doing
- You'll be collaborating closely with Product, Design and Engineering teams in order to develop the Lex mobile application.
- You’ll be taking responsibility over the whole lifecycle of Lex mobile app development.
- You’ll be sharing your knowledge with other Lex engineers, working towards maintaining great developer experience and improving our workflow & toolset.
Who you are
- You are a frontend software engineer with at least 5 years and ideally more than 8 years of work experience.
How we’ll be working together
You should be comfortable with remote work, have great team spirit, possess knowledge & passion about queer culture. You are excited to be part of a team and product that works hard to be inclusive, intersectional and collaborative.
What you need to know
We are a remote team with people in NYC, Berlin, Los Angeles, and Seattle. For this position, we are looking for residents of Berlin/Germany because most of our Engineering team is located here. We have a co-working space in Kreuzberg and the majority of the time is WFH, in person is optional. Your manager will be CTO Rafal Zawadzki.
02 | SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- You have experience with the whole lifecycle of software development: requirements analysis & technical specification, development, testing & debugging, deployment, monitoring & maintenance. Knowledge of good software development practices & tools.
- The tech stack
- Android native (Java/Kotlin), iOS native (Objective-C/Swift)
- RESTful APIs
03 | RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams on establishing technical feasibility & specification of new features.
- Participate in Agile development workflow.
- Help estimate new features and plan the roadmap towards meeting company goals and OKRs.
- Strategize towards finding the best balance between shipping new features and addressing the tech debt.
- Use good software development practices and tools to write high quality, secure & tested code.
- Make a visible impact on the product for all the users of Lex.
- Participate in weekly software releases and collaborate with backend team during deployments.
- Take responsibility over the whole mobile app software lifecycle: from development to deployments and monitoring.
- Propose and implement best practices for code testing and quality assurance.
INNOVATION & GROWTH
- Devise improvements to the Lex architecture and services.
- Spearhead new initiatives towards enhancing the developer experience and productivity.
- Be comfortable with suggesting improvements to the Lex Engineering Team workflow & toolset.
Team Growth and Culture
- Share your knowledge with other engineers by mentoring, pair programming and other learning opportunities.
- Participate in interviewing and hiring of new engineers.
04 | SALARY & BENEFITS
- Salary band: 67k-80k EUR
- Unlimited vacation
- Flexible hours
- Equity based on experience
- Budget for home office set up