As an employee, you Turn Change Into Value® – for our clients, for our company, for your professional growth, for the consumers. We hire the best and brightest, who are driven to create lasting value. At xScion, you aren’t just another team member, you’re impactful. You’re empowered. You’re driven. You’re an xScioneer.
As a Senior Infrastructure Automation Engineer/Terraform, You Will:
- Broadly apply your engineering skills to the product delivery cycle from inception through design, build and deployment
- Proficiently code for building and versioning infrastructure against multi-Cloud leveraging terraform technology
- Provide technical leadership in the planning, design and implementation of Cloud-based infrastructure system with traditional and non-traditional infrastructures
- Develop Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to launch server instances, install and configure software
- Architect and implement Cloud Infrastructure Automation scripts to create and maintain various target environments like Dev, Stage, QA, Integration and Production
- Plan and develop infrastructure automation and scripting to build, install and configure products, services and platforms
- Actively participate in the orchestration and operationalization of engineered IT solutions through simplification and standardization
- Lead and coordinate the deployment of IT technology designs, testing and production transition in support of large, complex IT initiatives
- Assist with monitoring compliance with internal audit requirements and Information Security Manual guidelines
- Provide all necessary documentation to detail the Cloud-based infrastructure system(s).
To Be Successful, You Need:
- At least five (5) years of professional experience working on Cloud Infrastructure platforms and proven DevNetOps expertise
- Proficient in using Terraform to manage AWS Programmable Infrastructures
- Experience architecting and implementing Cloud Infrastructure Automation scripts to create and maintain various target environments including Dev, Stage, QA, Integration and Production
- Expertise building and maintaining high-performance platforms, frameworks, libraries and services through collaboration leveraging platforms such as Ansible, Gitlab, Puppet Enterprise and Atlassian Jira supporting infrastructure and development partners
- Architecting infrastructure knowledge to include security roles and permissions, Cloud networking assets like VPC, Subnets, Routing Tables, Access Controls lists, storage assets like S3 buckets, creating lambda functions & layers, provisioning other AWS services like Redshift, DynamoDB etc.
- Experience with advanced features like S3 backends and State file locks in Terraform
- Experience implementing Data and Advanced Analytics solutions or related experience in the Cloud
- Hands on programming skills in Python, Java or Scala, in addition to being proficient with CI/CD tools
- Proven skills in developing an end to end AWS native platform for building Data lakes (S3, Glue (Crawlers, ETL, Catalog), IAM, CodePipeline, CodeCommit, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, AWS Config, Guard Duty, Secrets Manager, KMS, EC2, Data Visualization Tool like Tableau run on an EC2 or AWS Quicksight, Athena
- Strong understanding of security design for enterprise software systems
- Prior expertise working with Kubernetes, ConnectDirect, etc.
- Practical experience and knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Mircoservices and API Management
- Possess excellent writing skills with a proven ability to provide clear and concise written details needed for technical documents, design documents and specifications
- Excellent analytical, collaboration, leadership, critical thinking, multitasking and time management skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related technical field or equivalent work
Important Note: Due to mandatory contract requirements for this position, upon offer acceptance all applicants must provide proof of US Citizenship or Permanent Residency as part of the onboarding process.
Nice to have:
- Prior expertise in the Financial Services or Banking industry supporting a large institution
- Extensive experience with Cloud transformation initiatives
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Professional certifications in any of technical skills or attributes noted above.
We have an amazing culture– We were named a Best Places to Work in Virginia for 6 times (2022, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 & 2016).
We are poised for rapid growth– We are on the cutting edge of digital transformation in Financial Services, Healthcare, Nonprofit and Public Sector and continuously welcome new clients to the xScion family.
We believe in your continuous development– We invest in our teams’ development, including our Innovation Lab and paying for certifications and trainings to improve their skills because we are committed to collectively being the best at what we do.
We want you to make an impact in whatever you do– Our people have the opportunity to be the big fish in a smaller pond.
You’ll work with the best– We hire great people. Period.
And because we truly care about you and our clients- We are run by real people for real people, creating flexibility, balance, respect and fun in the workplace.
Great Benefits: medical, dental, 401(k) match, flexible spending and more, but we also have unique perks such as 26 days off a year (including your birthday!), company events, games, and many other things that inspire balance and flexibility.
We’re Transforming Businesses:
At xScion, we Turn Change Into Value®. We help clients start or accelerate their digital transformation initiatives by shifting their mindset and goals into smaller, actionable steps that create lasting value. We specialize in Agile, Product Management, Business Process Management, Cloud and Risk Management solutions for clients in Financial Services, Public Sector, Nonprofits and Healthcare. As a Woman-owned company, we are proud to be the most trusted solutions partner that business and technology leaders count on to deliver lasting, impactful value.
Want to Learn More about xScion?
Check us at out on www.xscion.com or socially at LinkedIn, Twitter and Glassdoor.
At xScion, we celebrate diversity in all forms. xScion is an Equal Opportunity Employer- Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.