Encord is a London-based startup building a comprehensive training data solution for computer vision AI applications. We are backed by CRV, Y Combinator Continuity, the Harvard Management Company, top industry executives, and other leading Bay Area investors.
Started by ex-computer scientists, physicists, and quants, we felt firsthand how the lack of tools to prepare quality training data was impeding the progress of building practical AI. AI feels to us like what the early days of computing or the internet must have felt like, where the potential of the technology is clear, but the tools and processes surrounding it are terrible. We have devised a unique methodology for automating the tasks related to preparing quality training data, in effect turning the training data problem into a data science problem.
We are looking for an experienced frontend engineer to help us build delightful and easy-to-use user features for the Cord Web App. You will also:
• Create intuitive interfaces for algorithmic training data creation and pipeline management used by both technical and non-technical users
• Collaborate closely with the business teams to understand and solve our customers’ pain points with creative and intuitive web applications
• Design, build, and maintain core user interfaces, including data analysis and visualisation tools
The role will be exposed to a broad tech stack (e.g. ReactJS, Python, REST & GraphQL, OpenCV, PyTorch, GCP, AWS & CUDA, Kubernetes) and the cutting edge of computer vision and deep learning.
The right candidate will have proven experience working as a frontend software engineer. Experience with any of the following is a plus:
• ReactJS (incl. Hooks) & Redux, ES6+, HTML5, TypeScript
• Building B2B/Enterprise SaaS applications
What We Offer
Encord offers a unique opportunity to be part of a startup with a clear mission and vision. You will get to explore and build services enterprise AI use cases across many different industry verticals such as healthcare, surveillance, retail, and agriculture.
Our work is at the cutting edge of computer vision and deep learning, which also includes working on solving unsolved problems within those fields. We offer competitive compensation and equity options in the business for the right candidate.