Submittable is seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to bring us to the next level of reliability, availability, performance and security across our systems. You’ll recommend and implement changes across our systems and environments, evaluate new technologies, respond to production issues that arise, be challenged with complex problems to solve, and contribute to our technological direction.
This full-time position reports to the Engineering Manager of Infrastructure and has the possibility of being fully remote.
Your** responsibilities include:**
- Engaging with engineering teams to design, build and maintain services for high availability and resiliency
- Building reusable software layers, scripts, deployment frameworks, alarms, probes, and self-healing tools to automate operations processes
- Maintaining documentation and standards for engineering teams to follow for onboarding and operating services running on the infrastructure platform
- Following and updating security best-practices and ensure compliance with company policy
- Organizing and participating in the on-call rotation
- Attending post mortems and contribute to identifying root causes
- Troubleshooting complex issues
An ideal candidate will have these qualities and experience:
- 4+ years of experience with operations, devops, and/or software engineering
- Experience operating large scale distributed systems, especially in cloud environments
- Strong programming fundamentals with 3+ years of experience in one of the following languages: C#, Python, Scala, Go, or Java
- Experience supporting and managing Docker containers from local development to production on Kubernetes
- Committed to infrastructure as code and config using tools such as AWS CDK, CloudFormation, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Kustomize, or helm
- Experience with configuring and operating Kubernetes clusters in Azure or AWS
- Experience using Continuous Integration systems, such as GitHub Actions
- Implementation of modern observability stacks like Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, Datadog, Splunk, etc
- Strong understanding of cloud networking (DNS, SSL, Virtual Networks, VPC, VPN, Routing, Peering, NATs, Firewalls)
- Thrives in a highly collaborative environment and enjoys the chance to pair with their peers
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are unable to accommodate scholastic or employment visas
Submittable is on a mission to empower social good organizations with technology that accelerates their work and scales their impact. We partnered with thousands of organizations, governments, and corporations last year to launch 10,000+ programs, process over 4 million applications, and distribute $2.5 billion in funding and aid. Grow your career at an Inc. 5000 fastest-growing company, while having a positive impact on people globally.
Submittable has its headquarters in downtown Missoula, Montana, with a satellite office in Seattle, Washington and remote employees located around the U.S.
We offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave, and remote work options
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Discounted fitness memberships, professional development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.